PDA

View Full Version : post hole digger

Mike in NY
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
borrowed one to punch the holes for the sugar house addition and had so much fun I am going to drill 8 or 10 holes for my main line and 3 arterials this afternoon. 3 1 inch lines will converge into 1 main line down to hit the reciever jar. Still thinking I want to run a dry line both to the high end and to the reciever jar. Plan is to go 300 plus taps this tear.

danno
09-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Mike, where in NY are you?

Mike in NY
09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Mike, where in NY are you?

3 hrs east on vt border near Lake George

markct
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
hmm must have some nice sandy rock free soil up there, i know where i am here you rarely hear the word posthole digger and fun in the same sentence! usualy it more like this darn post hole digger wont drill this hardpan, or my posthole digger hooked a rock and broke, or is now wound into the ground! i finaly got so sick of the 3pt auger with no downpressure i made one to drive hydraulicly off my backhoe, simply take off the bucket and pin on the auger drive, then i have quick couplers to hook onto the curl cylinder to use that hydraulic circuit to drive it. works great and very controlable with downpressure, and reversible if you catch something too.

allgreenmaple
10-08-2010, 03:42 PM
3 hrs east on vt border near Lake George Nice resort area. As a landscaper, we do work in that area, nice place to work. Sandy soil for sure.....