PDA

View Full Version : Need some help finding pans

PARKER MAPLE
09-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi guys, well I sold the 2x6 and am looking at upgrading to a 3x8, I have found one close buy but no pans come with it. Dose anybody know where I could find a good set of used pans. Unfortunatly I cant afford to buy new ones at this time, but in the future would think I could swing it. Any help would be awesome

3x3 front 3x5 dropped flue rear

If i dont find any I was thinking of just having a flat rear pan made up. What do you think I could get for evaporation rate with a flat 3x5 pan for the rear and a 3x3 for the front?

Thanks maple rookie

PARKER MAPLE
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Isnt there a formula for square footage vs evaporation rate??

3rdgen.maple
09-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Why the decision to sell the 2x6 you put so much work into last year? Have you checked Bascoms for used pans?

PARKER MAPLE
09-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Hey 3rdgen,

Good to hear from you. I put alot of work into the 2x6 last year and it work awesome. But I have expanded this season, to almost 900 taps and couldnt afford to buy an r.o.
So Im going bigger. I had a 3x8 lined up, looked at pictures from the guy and when I got up there found it needed more work then I wanted to put into it.

So now I have found an arch that need retinning, not to hard for me. but it also needs pans. If your hear of anything down buy you let me know. I would diffenatly be up for the trip. I did check bascoms but online they didnt have any flue pans and the syrup pan for some reason I didnt think would work.

Good to hear from you

Maple Rookie

tuckermtn
09-20-2010, 06:14 AM
try WF Mason

3rdgen.maple
09-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice to hear your expanding to 900. I will keep my eye out for you around here. There has been some pretty darn good deals around this area with some older gents retiring from the maple craze. I posted a few in the past. I ll get the latest swapsheet and check in there as well.