PDA

View Full Version : Laterals/mainline connection

steve J
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I have run all my laterials and have them hooked to the wire on the main line. From pictures I have seen it appears you have about a 6 inch piece of tubing attached to the fitting at the wire connect point and you gently loop it over to the saddle on the mainline correct? I assume my goal is to keep the loop lower then the lateral so the sap does not back up?

red maples
09-17-2010, 11:31 AM
make it a lttile over 12" or what ever gives you the proper loop. I never really measured it you want a little more so as not to bend to sharp. most of my hook connectors are about 6-12 inches away from the saddle. it depends where it naturaly sits. that is where it will stay when there is tention on the lateral. loop for some reason always is a little higher on mine but not a problem if 1 you have vac or 2 you have plenty of slope on gravity.

what I usually do is get the lateral in place first then put in the saddle. this way it is more uniform.

jason grossman
09-17-2010, 03:32 PM
when i am running lats i run my loops three hands long(width)works out to 12-13" that way i always have my measuring device with me. i do all of my lats first then come back later and do saddles. it is easier to move quickly if you don't carry everything with you at once.