PDA

View Full Version : work gloves

red maples
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Can anyone recommend a work glove that doesn't fall apart after you use them 4 times. I have spent up to $20 for work gloves and they fall apart too.

I used to just barehand it but I just beat my hands up too much and cuts take months to heal!!!

xyz5150
09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I sell kinco brand gloves out of my saw shop. They are pig skin and they seem to wear good handling firewood and general farm work.

ennismaple
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Hydro lineman gloves work well for firing as they tend to be tougher leather. They generally last the entire season and get thrown into the last fire because by that time they are falling apart.

C.Wilcox
09-14-2010, 12:26 PM
If you're doing really nasty, dirty abrasive jobs with your gloves I would just buy a bunch of cheap ones and keep them on-hand while you're working. Some jobs are just too rough for almost any glove. If you're looking for something to wear while doing relatively routine jobs like splitting firewood my vote would be for a qualty pair of all deerhide gloves. They'll cost at least $20 if they're going to be worth anything so they're not cheap, but they definitely last a lot longer.

red maples
09-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I tried the cheap way as far as getting a bunch of them but I go through them just as fast. I bought a good pair of leather gloves no name brand on sale for $10 they seem to be holding pretty good. no busted seams yet!!! But once these go I will invest in a good pair of what ever leather. I would pay as much as $30 if they would last!!!!

As far as firing goves I get cheap welding gloves. they seam to work best for me and soften up fast. but yep there do wearout.

brookledge
09-14-2010, 07:11 PM
I really like the knit gloves that have the palm side dipped in rubber. They are cheap and will last as long as a good pair of leather ones. When you work a pair hard the fingers are goping to wear through. This type also gives you good dexterity also. The only problem is when you need a cold weather glove then those are not so good.
Keith