PDA

View Full Version : RO output at different concentrations

Brent
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Last year I got an Airablo 160 GPH RO. Supposedly it will make about 40 gallons of 8% and hour.

This year I'm upgrading the evaporator and this rig is supposed to make 3 to 3 1/2 gallons using 2% sap. That would mean it is eating about 120 to 140 gallons of 2%.

If you throttle back the concentration rate two make only 4%, does that mean it will double the output and give me 80 gallons. Is the output linear.

=============

Second question, what's the current experience on the newest high throughput XLE-4040. I recall that they pass almost zero sugars at low concentration and really increase the throughput. My RO tops out at 250 PSI.

mapleack
09-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't have an RO yet, but I'm pretty sure I've read every post in the RO forum and I'm working on plans to build my own this year. If you're not going high % or high pressure, why not go for NF270 membranes? If everything fellow producers on here say is true, a 270 in your RO should more than keep up with your rig, maybe even up to 8%. I need to get on the ball and start my own thread concerning flow volumes for a single 4" nf270 membrane. Good luck!

Brent
09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
thanks for the comments but unless the NF270s can produce more than the Hydranautics that were original with it I won't come close to keeping up.

This evaporator with the SteamAway is going to be hungry.
The current membranes won't process enough at 4% to keep up.