PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre Rigid

Amber Gold
08-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Is anybody using Lapierre Rigid for their laterals? I'm considering using it because of the price. I'll be using it under high vac. Any issues with leaks and/or fittings coming off?

I'll be using semi-rigid for drops.

Thanks

red maples
08-30-2010, 11:26 AM
yeah me.. I like the rigid for laterals. but bad for take down stuff. once its tight it stays tight. when it warms it doesn't droop. I only had 1 fitting come out at the end of the season on a very warm day but the vac was off when it happened. with my little vac running between 24" - 29" Hg. my system is very tight!!! and that number stays that high from the vac to the releaser and to the end of the main line too!!!

one thing... make sure when you put in the fitting in Tees especially go over both ridges of the fitting beacuse if you don't and only hit 1 and try to pull it tight then it will pop out and your gonna hit the ground hard, fittings go flying... all your tools go flying and lucky no one will be around to see you do it beacuse it is quite a funny thing to watch. :lol:

Maplewalnut
08-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Josh- I have both rigid and semi that I use for lats. Have not noticed any difference in fittings leaking or such but semi is definitely easier to work with. On the other hand semi does expand a little in the warmer months but tightens right back up with cold.

I have however pulled semi too tight (especially when snaked near a tree)and shrunk the tube diameter at the same time. Thats a sight also when you clamp you tubing tool on to cut in a drop and the tube is too small to hold in the tool. Of course you don't notice until after you have cut it for the drop. Shrunken side goes flying, other end goes flying with tool still attached and your standing there thinking what the hell just happened!!

Amber Gold
08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks.

What color is less of an eyesore in the woods and which is easiest to check for vac. leaks?

ennismaple
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Blue tubing is not an eyesore - it's the prettiest thing in a maple woods! Lapierre semi-rigid blue is easier to see through to check for leaks than rigid tubing.

Amber Gold
09-01-2010, 08:03 AM
I agree, I do like blue the best, I'm wondering about from the property owners point of view.

I also noticed the lapierre rigid only has a 5 year warranty, is that typical for rigid and can I expect it to last longer than 5 years?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I only buy the Lappierre rigid now and use it for everything. I like the clear/translucent color the best

Haynes Forest Products
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I like the semi because when the branches fall it stretches and rebounds when you get to cleaning up the woods. Plus when you do have to clear up a mess with snow all around it pulls out of the snow bank without kink damage.

lew
09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I would go with the semi-rigid for 2 reasons. 1) It's easier to install and repair. No kinking, has memory. 2) It's easier to diagnose vacuum problems because you can see bubbles easily at each tree to see where the leak is occuring.

I think the price difference is around $18 - $20 per roll for Rigid versus semi-rigid. for a 1,000 tap woods that equates to about an $800 difference (at $20 per roll). That might seem like a lot, but the quicker you can diagnose problems the quicker you have your woods running at top performance. I don't have lots of time to run my lines the way the way I would like to. So when I am in the woods my time is being used the most efficiently and I am getting more bang for my buck.

steve J
09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I have been working with leaders 30p and I found it to be much easier to work with then the light blue tubing I bought from D G.