PDA

View Full Version : Help?

lmathews
08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Need info or directions where to get info on a international 1a hammer mill?I would like to get a manual or find a web site but have not had any luck.Please help!

davey
08-25-2010, 06:43 PM
did you try these guys,
http://www.binderbooks.com/implement.htm#Hammer Mills

KenWP
08-26-2010, 08:09 PM
What do you need to know exactlly.

lmathews
08-28-2010, 10:55 AM
I would like to know rpm to run at?Can it be run by pto,or electric motor and what size?Is there a set clearance for the knives between the side plates?Feed rate so it wont bind?In the end I would like a manual.Any info would be great.
Thank You

KenWP
08-28-2010, 08:40 PM
The pto speed is easy if it has a 540 then you run at 540 on the tach and if it has a 1000 pto you run at 1000 of the tach. Unless is a staionary one then yes you can adapt it to pto or a electric motor. As to the hammers the ends should be square so they crack the grain right or bust up the hay if you feed that to it and you have to make sure the holes in the screen are square and not rounded or they don't crack the grain and you end up with dust.
What are you trying to grind with it.
I tried the same thing once and the problem I found was on PTO it turned the wrong way so I had to get a gooffy gear box that reversed the PTO off the tractor. I ended up buying a W6 for $120 bucks and useing the belt off of it instead as it was easyier to hook up.

lmathews
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I am going to grind corn.My father has an H with the side pulley so I will prob use that.The problem is that the pulley is rotted.Where do I get a replacement or what do I replace it with?Also what size belt should be used for operating the unit?
Thanks Again.

KenWP
08-29-2010, 06:53 PM
For a small hammer mill mine came with a 4 inch belt probbably since the pully on the mill was only that big anyways. You can't run a big belt on a small pully as it runs off all the time. You used to be able to buy new pullys from IH.My W6 had the paper pully but I found a metal one for nothing. Any old tractor scrap yards around or in your farm mags they sometimes have them still.
Another problem is if the pully is rotted off it has sat for a long time in one position. On those tractors the bearing got a dent in it for lack of better words and when you turn the pully over it clunks.Dosn't last long in that condidtion.

lmathews
08-29-2010, 08:24 PM
We have used it to run a buzz saw and did not hear any clunks.Hopefully it is ok.
Thank You

vermaple
08-30-2010, 03:04 AM
I am going to grind corn.My father has an H with the side pulley so I will prob use that.The problem is that the pulley is rotted.Where do I get a replacement or what do I replace it with?Also what size belt should be used for operating the unit?
Thanks Again.

I have a Farmall pulley that I aquired with a pile of stuff at an auction. It's in good shape so I put it in the barn. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if I can furnish details. I have no use for it so it is available.

G

lmathews
08-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Thank You that would be great if you had one that will work!