PDA

View Full Version : cool nights got me thinkin

boondocker
08-20-2010, 07:49 PM
hope everybodys summer has gone well so far. these cool late aug. nights have got me thinking about drillin holes in trees. still lookin for a new bush though, the one i was in last year just dident pan out. i do have one in my sight but still need to talk with the land owner. just to let you guys know im gonna be dad, its my first and im so excited. im gonna have myself a little girl around the 24th of october. its been a busy summer for me getting things ready around the house, and i have added to my little hobby farm. im also the proud father of 12 chickens :lol: so between building the chicken coop and added a big section to my garden that is now 58x65. so i guess i have been busy this summer, but im ready for big snow and a looooooong spring...........

DrTimPerkins
08-20-2010, 08:21 PM
...just to let you guys know im gonna be dad, its my first and im so excited. im gonna have myself a little girl around the 24th of october.

Congratulations. Savor every moment....it goes by fast. My daughter graduated from college last year....seems like she was just born a few years ago.

3rdgen.maple
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Indeed congrats on the little one on the way. Linke Doc said it goes so fast it is very scary. My first daughter was born a few months ago and this friday is her sweet 16 party. Been busy planning the big party.

red maples
08-21-2010, 05:59 AM
48F here this morning...nice and crisp!!! love it. yeah my were born a months ago too and my daughter is going into the 3rd grade but has the attitude of a 16 yr old I hate the attitude adjustments had one last night uggghhh!!! I am getting convinced my kids like to hear me yell sometimes!!!

3rdgen.maple
08-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Yep pretty cool outside this morning as well. I got visions of big whitetali bucks dancing in my head. Sept. 27 its bow time for me. I am sure glad we make syrup in the spring and not fall. Fall is the best season of them all.

boondocker
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
for sure fall is the best season. warm days cool nights and no humidity ha ha ha........ feels like the summer has been a wirl wind, everybody keeps saying to injoy this part but its kinda hard to just sit and relax these days. new job, crazy hormon wife ,12 crazy chickens runnin everywhere, a garden that grows more weeds than veggies,a sugar house that needs finishing and so on. im sure you guys know the story, but everybody said that once you build your house life will slow down:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yea right!!!!!!!!!

gmcooper
09-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Congrats on the baby on the way! Our youngest just graduated from college this May and your post got me thinking how incredibly fast they grow up. Time flies faster than you can imagine and worst part is it's already gone before you realize it.

boondocker
10-21-2010, 08:48 PM
well guys she is here. she was born three weeks early. she was born on october 6th at 8:39 am. 6lbs 3oz 18 1/2 in long, just a little peanut. my wife had some complications so she had to have an emergancy c-section. it all happened pretty quick but what an amazing two weeks i have had.she is doing great and my wife is doing geat as well. her name is paisleigh rachel knipping. sorry to ramble on, but im just beside myself. my life has just officially started.:) :) :) while i write this, she is sleeping on my chest. talk about love at first sight lol!!!!!!!!!

briansickler
10-22-2010, 08:49 PM
That's great...Glad everything went well. My little girl is already a sixth grader. Time goes by so quickly. Enjoy....
Brian