PDA

View Full Version : Maple Coated Dog Treats!

220 maple
08-18-2010, 10:26 PM
My amish equipment supplier said that a Maple Producer in New York started coating dog biscuits and sells them at the farmers market. He said one or two producer in Somerset County tried it and are having good luck selling them? If it's a lie the Amishman Henry Told it. I don't think he would lie even if his life depended on it!

Mark 220 Maple

red maples
08-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Well I think it would be a great used for commercial grade Syrup you just need the recipe for the dog biscuits and your all set. Dogs don't seem to mind things that take like crap...or cat crap...or dog crap...:lol:

Ausable
08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Maybe Dogs wouldn't eat maple coated dog biscuits - However - I think if the dog biscuits were made in the shape of a well known fast food restaurant clown and dipped in Maple and sold by this same fast food chain - American kids would gobble them down and pay a buck each for the honor. However - If you cook a beef roast with potatoes and carrots the average American kid would turn his nose up at it. Ha - strange time in which we live-----

red maples
08-19-2010, 01:24 PM
man you said it!!! For me nothing beats a good classic home cooked roast beef or roasted chicken...problem is if you want good meat you have to pay extra for what used to be the norm, organic, freerange, all natural... blah blah blah...unless you grow it yourself. I am workin on it!!!

C.Wilcox
08-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I have no doubt my dogs would eat maple coated dog biscuits. They're more than happy to clean the plates after a pancake breakfast. They're also quite fond of maple sap as I discovered when I came back into the shack one evening and found them enthusiastically lapping away at a 5 gallon pail I had set on the floor. That batch got marked for Home Use Only. :)

3rdgen.maple
08-19-2010, 10:32 PM
There is a store in North Syracuse that all they sell is homemade dogs treats and yes they have maple coated bisquits for dogs. Atleast they did many years ago when I stopped in for a peak once. Seemed weird at the time but I have 5 dogs and 2 of them go crazy licking up syrup off the sugarhouse floor when it gets spilled. Just dont tell anyone cause its not legal to have animals of any kind in a sugarhouse in NY if you are selling syrup to the public.

Brad W Wi
08-25-2010, 05:10 AM
We make them for our dog(Black Lab) and He loves them.You can dip rawhide treats in syrup as well and let it dry. We do freeze and-or keep them in the frige. We just gave him one yesterday that was in the frig since March

Nogden3929
06-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know the recipe or process for coating dog treats if we bought them in bulk?

Urban Sugarmaker
06-05-2017, 06:42 PM
You might consider asking Greg Zimpfer in western NY of Zimpfer's maple products. I think he wholesales maple dog biscuits. He might have some insight for you. Not sure if he can sell out of state, but look him up.

doocat
06-07-2017, 09:26 PM
We sell them at shows. Usually go very well. We coat them same as any maple nuts. People love their animals.

Craig

Flat Lander Sugaring
06-08-2017, 05:15 AM
I believe it the Hill Family in middle NY. They do cream and confection seminars at leader open house. I attended it a few years ago. Maple encrusted dog treats. they take a box of dog treats they buy for 7 dollars that have 100 treats in them and turn around sell them for a couple dollars each. I cant remember what brother was doing this part but he said dont laugh people will do almost anything for their pets.