PDA

View Full Version : Met a great lady today

Dan W
08-15-2010, 08:23 PM
I found a vacant 15 acre plot a half of a mile from me that must have 2000 tapable trees on it. Did some research on the owners and talked to her today about tapping. She was kiind of reluctant at first , but when she realized that I lived in a house that was very much a part of her youth, she couldn't have been more accomondating. Told me to absolutely have a go at it and would love to have some syrup as payment for the use. I talked to her for a good half hour about her youth (75-80 years old going on 60) and my neighbor that she had grown up with. I live in a house that was part of a family compound until the mid sixties and she was a neighbor across the hill that spent as much time here as at home. I really enjoyed talking with her and and invited her to my house anytime she wanted to come and reminisce. Although I am only looking fof about 75 taps, it looks like I may have an unlimited supply of trees for a while. I love old folks and the stories that they have especially when I can relate or have something in common with them. I hope we have an ongoing relationship for years to come. COME ON FEBRUARY!!!

brookledge
08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a good find. Just be careful as you go. Don't want to expand and find out she passes away and then you lose every thing. Even having a signed agreement is only good as long as she is alive.
Keith

Thad Blaisdell
08-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Maybe work it a while and go reminisce a little and try to buy it.... then you could make maple forever.