PDA

View Full Version : Old Tubing

BradWilson
08-15-2010, 08:45 AM
It's been ten years or better since our operation was originally set up (we bought it last year). There were lots of combination drops/laterals. Most of it is full of mold and other stuff. The tubing is either blue 30p or the old purple Lamb tubing. Anyway, we're re-doing all our laterals and drops this year with new stuff and I was wondering if there was a place to recycle the old tubing?

Thompson's Tree Farm
08-15-2010, 09:51 AM
If the tubing floats it is recyclable. I think the 30p is and the old purple is not.

DrTimPerkins
08-15-2010, 10:37 AM
If the tubing floats it is recyclable. I think the 30p is and the old purple is not.

Generally this is correct. However to be recycleable at your local station, you need to remove all the fittings.

There is an ongoing effort to find a good way to recycle old tubing with fittings attached. Stay tuned.

BradWilson
08-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Doc. After the class this year regarding old, dirty tubing I decided not to use any of the old tubing, even stuff that was 1-2 years old. We've decided to start fresh from the beginning. All the fittings have been removed. Too bad Leader can't take it back and recycle it. Thanks again.