PDA

View Full Version : atlantic fluid or sihi

steam maker
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
just wanted to know if anybody had any pros or cons on either. atlantic fluids is cheaper but i dont know if its worth taken a chance on it just cause of that. any advice will help...

Randy Brutkoski
08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I have a 7 1/2 horse 75 cfm Atlantic Fluid vacumm pump, and so far so good. She sucks really good too.

Thad Blaisdell
08-04-2010, 05:50 AM
There are more options than just those two. I have a two stage kinney vacuum pump and pull 27.5 inches of vacuum. I would make sure that you can pull high vac with anything that you buy.

maplwrks
08-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Atlantic Fluid pumps are actually Kinney pumps. AF just assembles them and gives them a coat of blue paint. If you look at an AF pump, you will find a Kinney nameplate.

lew
08-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I have owned both at one time or another. The SIHI worked great, I had no problems. It was designed however to start with the cooling water no higher than midline of the pump, or eual to the centerline of the motor shaft. I believe they said it would stress the pump. Like I said, no problems with running it, I just had to take that fact into account when setting it up. The Atlantic FLuidics runs great also, but the literature states that it dosen't matter how high the cooling water is. The one good thing I can say about the Atlantic Fluidics, is that I once ran one for about 12 hours with only the water in the pump cooling it and it ran fine after that. The frost went out under neathe the pump, it moved, the cooling water tank didn't, the cooling line feeding the pump broke, WHALA, no cooling water. Don't know if the SIHI could take that, but the AF did.