PDA

View Full Version : Stack Size

Brokermike
07-30-2010, 09:55 AM
For the upcoming year I will be running a 2x4.5 drop flue setup with a blower. The rig came with a 10" stack, which seems rather large for basically a 2x4. My old 2x4 had a 6" stack and that seemed adequate. I have both the 10" galvanized stack as well as my old 6" Double wall stainless setup. Obviously I'd feel a little better running the insulated pipe through my roof jack, and I really don't want to install a new larger roof jack for 10" insulated pipe (that I would have to buy)

Anyone have any thoughts on the 10" or 6" setup?

Can I next down from a 10" to a 6"?

steve J
07-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I just bought a new 2x4 with a blower and it came with a 6 inch collar and I will run it on my old stack that I used with a 2x3. I am assuming since it was built this way that I should be fine

Flat47
08-01-2010, 05:55 AM
I'm using 8" on my 2x4 and that seems like plenty. I had a bunch of it left from another project, but Leader recomends 7" for it. Check their web site (under the large evaporator heading, in with evaporator accessories). They list the sizes for GH Grimm, Leader, and King models. You'll see two sizes listed for 2' wide Grimm arches, 7" and 11". I believe the 11" is for 8' long arches. Same for Leader, 7" and 10". King only lists 7".

Here's the link:
http://www.leaderevaporator.com/c-76-smoke-stack-for-arches-and-stoves.aspx