PDA

View Full Version : Government Grants for efficiency?

hispls
07-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Was talking to a guy today who mentioned there's some government pork going around for people to make their production more efficient. Anyone have any info on this or knows where to look?:confused:

ennismaple
07-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Talk to a local equipment supplier. They normally know what programs are available and what equipment qualifies because they have a vested interest!

sapsucker78
07-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I have applied for a grant for a new RO. I had to go though the state of WI. I have the info for that but you would have to go through your own St. It is a lot of paper work but if you qualify they pay 25% of the project. I ended up hiring a grant writer to do it for me, cost me around $350.00 for that. Should still be 3-4 grand ahead and sounds like I have a good chance qualifing.

maple flats
07-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Check with your local maple association. Last year the NYS assoc. helped several producers by helping to write the applications and the Assoc was 100% approved on the grants it assisted to apply for. Not a bad record and the cost was the price of membership which you should already be a member anyways.

Acer
07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
No such thing as Govt grant money. Its your neighbors money the govt took to set up a "grant program".

Still sound like a good idea?

D

TF Maple
07-22-2010, 10:38 AM
No such thing as Govt grant money. Its your neighbors money the govt took to set up a "grant program".

Still sound like a good idea?

D

I agree with who's money it is they are giving away. At the same time, this money is budgeted for this purpose, so if you don't get it, someone else who qualifies will take it. So, if you can qualifiy, you might as well get your share.

That said, I still don't like the idea very much!

ToadHill
07-22-2010, 12:13 PM
The grants are through the USDA. They are called REAP grants. The process is already conculded in NY. About 30 producers will be getting an award. I don't know the schedule for Mass. Check with your local USDA office and/or state association. Our association coordinated the application process for us and arranged for grant writers and energy audits to be done. Hope this helps.