PDA

View Full Version : cast leader collar

xyz5150
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I am finishing my homemade 2x4 arch i bought a cast arch collar from leader. My question is what should i use for a gasket in between the rail and the cast collar? Also what size and how many bolts should i use?

3rdgen.maple
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Are you refering to the collar for the stack? If so out of all the evaporators I have owned I have never seen any gasket material in this area and they have all been welded. The weld will keep the gases from leaking out before exiting the stack and will replace the need of gasket material. If you are refering to something else please explain futher so we can help.

xyz5150
07-10-2010, 06:55 AM
It is a stack collar it is made of cast iron . I have seen them on i think a leader 2x6 wse. I think leader uses 5 bolts to attach to the arch rail. I am unsure what to use for a gasket if any.There shouldn't be to many gases escape more draft than anything that close to the stack.

Flat47
07-10-2010, 08:12 AM
No gasket needed. Small rigs just need one bolt per side down through the arch rail. Don't over-tighten the bolts - cast material can be brittle and crack easily.