PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Earthquake

adk1
06-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Hopefully our folks up in the far north are ok.

themapleman54
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Felt it here at Fillmore Maple Supply,Fillmore NY,

Ausable
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey - Where was it in Canada - My Wife mentioned that she felt the house move a little earlier -- Mike

DrTimPerkins
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey - Where was it in Canada - My Wife mentioned that she felt the house move a little earlier -- Mike

Lots of info at:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010xwa7.php

My wife felt it in Burlington. We didn't feel it here in Underhill Ctr. (VT).

Ausable
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Lots of info at:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010xwa7.php

My wife felt it in Burlington. We didn't feel it here in Underhill Ctr. (VT).

Hello Dr. Perkins - Thanks so much -- Went to the site you gave and found out what I wanted to know and bookmarked it - Of course - this makes my Wife right again---------Mike

BryanEx
06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I was working on the 20th floor of a brand new condo high-rise in the East end of Ottawa, Ontario... not very far from the epicenter. Best way to describe the feeling is that my first thought was that the underground parking had collapsed and I was waiting for the building to drop a story or two. Not much in the way of damage locally except some drywall cracks and half the city's traffic lights on a flash cycle but everyone's talking about it and the government went home early to celebrate... I mean... for safety. :rolleyes:

heus
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Many in NE Ohio felt it, but I didn't.

Seguin Sugarbush
06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Low and behold,we were at the sugar shack just finishing up cleaning the evaporator and the old building rattled.We jokingly said ''earthquake'' and looked out and saw the mainlines coming in to camp swaying a little and then we said the old building was just doing what it always does.As we were getting in our trucks to leave I heard on the radio what had just taken place.You just never know,here we are stuck on the middle of the cambrian sheild and old mother nature still insists on letting us know who the real boss is.

jasonl6
06-23-2010, 05:31 PM
You just never know,here we are stuck on the middle of the cambrian sheild and old mother nature still insists on letting us know who the real boss is.

:rolleyes:

Who's the boss?

I didn't feel anything here in pa but my dad who was running a vibrating roller said he felt shakes all day :-/

sgsommers
06-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Felt it in Columbus, Ohio while at a continuing ed class.

maple flats
06-23-2010, 07:24 PM
I was driving my tractor over a rough woods roan, I felt nothing any different than what it is always like. I had no idea until I stopped to get a some water and heard the news on the TV. It seems I always miss the excitement. Many years ago we had one while I was at home and I felt nothing that time either. I must be numb!

ennismaple
06-23-2010, 08:01 PM
We got about 15 seconds of good movement plus another 30 seconds of noticeable rumbling - and I was 400km away from the epicenter!! I hear it was a 5.0 but was the biggest I've ever experienced.

Farmboy
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I didn't feel a thing down here but I was in a skidsteer. The "log mauler" was on it which is an upside down splitter. It was on the smaller bobcat so I was bouncing all around. No ne else a my house felt it either.

Sugarmaker
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Jet trip to plant in Dayton OH today and we did not feel it. But son in law and daughter felt it in Erie PA.

Chris