PDA

View Full Version : ontario maple syrup producers summer tour

thenewguy
06-18-2010, 11:14 PM
has anyone heard of a summer maple tour for the ontario producers??? i keep checking the Ontario maple website, but am shot down with old info everytime i check in. Im not a memeber, i have considered becoming one but the association does not seem active juding by there website. Anyone know anything?

DrTimPerkins
06-19-2010, 07:13 AM
has anyone heard of a summer maple tour for the ontario producers??? i keep checking the Ontario maple website, but am shot down with old info everytime i check in. Im not a memeber, i have considered becoming one but the association does not seem active juding by there website. Anyone know anything?

Ontario typically has a summer tour each year that is quite popular. I'm not sure they are doing one this year, since they are hosting the North American Maple Syrup Council / International Maple Syrup Institute meetings from Oct 20-23 in Stratford. I'd imagine they are all very busy planning and arranging for this meeting, so they may have just skipped the summer tour for this year.

There will be some days with technical presentations, so if you're close by, you might want to attend.

ennismaple
06-20-2010, 08:57 PM
OMSPA will only be hosting the NAMSC meeting in October in Stratford this year. In 2011 they should return to their usual summer tour in July.

Buckshot
07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Just wondering if there is an OMSPA summer tour this year?
Or any other maple producer events coming up?

ennismaple
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
It's in Belleville this year. I think it starts this coming Thursday.

Yellzee
07-18-2011, 12:01 PM
I saw that in the paper, was wondering if the boss would let me sneak in there for a couple days