PDA

View Full Version : questions about bou matic dari kool

jimsudz
06-18-2010, 06:07 PM
I just picked up a bou matic dari kool vac pump I don't know the model the tag is worn it has a 17 at end,the serial#is 3745. Here are some photos if any one can give me some info.There is no motor I need to know what size it needs. It has a muffler and a surge equalizer II vac controller, Was it worth $10? Sorry can't seem to get attachments to post. I have another question for you, the pulley turns 1/4 turn before the rotor begins to turn is this right or is it broke?

Haynes Forest Products
06-19-2010, 12:18 AM
I have never seen a pully that does a 1/4 turn before it engages. Sounds like the key is missing.

lpakiz
06-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I bet the key is there. Sounds like the keyways in both the pulley and shaft are buggered out from running loose. Tough fix--see a machine shop.

jimsudz
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Larry You were right the key and slot on rotor is buggerd up I put in new key and it fits nice and snug the shaft is the same on both ends so im going to turn it end for end so the torque will be on the fresh un worn side it's worth a try .

Haynes Forest Products
06-20-2010, 11:35 PM
jimsudz Get yourself a new split taper bushing hub and pulley. You still use the key in the keyway even if it is wallowed out. When you tighten the sheave onto the hub it clamps down on the shaft. I have used them when the shaft is all malled up and the keyway is shot and they work like new. Its about a $50.00 fix but well worth it:)

jimsudz
06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Haynes it has a split taper bushing, the key is to key the rotor to the shaft. Do you or any one know what the material the vanes are made of mine show ware ? They seem to be a hard plastic that has a woven mesh inside, wonder if McMaster & carr would have it. I don't know what it's called.

Haynes Forest Products
06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
The last final detail. Its the rotor to the shaft:rolleyes: Get a new shaft or is it the rotor? Or both:mad: