PDA

View Full Version : Summer

Ausable
06-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Summer - That boring - hot - bug infested time - between pulling taps and tapping trees.........LOL

red maples
06-18-2010, 06:57 AM
I'll take some of that boring please....where is it??? bugs I got and lots of them hot got that too big time today!!! I can't find boring anywhere!!! come give me a hint, I am I hot or cold???:lol: :lol:

Ausable
06-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Ha --- just shaking the bushes -- I'm never bored either -- As I get older - might lack energy sometimes -- but never bored --- Red Maples - You caught me and made me fess up ---- have a great Summer

Goggleeye
06-18-2010, 09:04 PM
You want hot? Come to SE Missouri where it's been 95+ the last week with humidity so high you have to swim everywhere you go. We're supposed to have a heat index of 110 tomorrow, and I have a full afternoon of baling straw and stacking in the barn.

driske
06-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Summer is here in all its magnificence. Rain, green,long days,visits from friends.
Old friend from college days stopped by today. He took leave of the farm and moved to LA in 1978. Aerospace for him. 9 months of winter, and 3 months of tough sledding,:) for us who remained in WI.
His beautiful wife and lovely children were entranced with the cattle, and the concept of living in your own "park".
Do we ever fully appreciate our Blessings??:emb:

stoweski
06-19-2010, 05:02 AM
Glad you people like summer....

All I can say is only 185 days until winter. And I can't wait!

ADKMAPLE
06-19-2010, 06:58 AM
THe older I get the more I like it. Of course fall is my favorite time of the year overall, too bad it is so short

red maples
06-19-2010, 07:56 AM
I like all the seasons but but I like spring and fall a little more and they can be very short

morningstarfarm
06-19-2010, 10:44 PM
man I must have been seriously infected by the maple bug....Spent the last 3 days on the tractor baling hay and all I could think about is what I need to do in the sugar shack for next season....

3rdgen.maple
06-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Not sure why you guys are calling this a summer. Just like last year all it does is rain. Every day for days or should I say weeks. Just like last year the garden is drowning and dying. All I can say is I hope that unlike last year We all have a banner maple season. I couldnt handle another one like the last but dang its a copycat summer. Im a little scared right about now.

stoweski
06-20-2010, 05:58 AM
3rdgen,

What a tale of two different worlds only 2 hrs away. We've had a relatively dry spring up until about a week ago. My driveway was starting to crack (gravel/dirt) because of the lack of rain. I was thinking what a nice spring it's been for my bees compared to last year. Flowers are out everywhere.

Yes, we have received 3 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks, including some rain early this morning but it's definitely not the washout that it was last spring. My garden is flourishing (after the drought). Thankfully I don't have to water. Now if the humidity would just drop I can go out and get some work done. I hate sitting here on the couch feeling all clammy. Time to turn on the AC!

By the way, you decide if you're upgrading your evap this year? Just curious. I found a 2x6 so I'm all set but I know you mentioned on a thread a while ago that you may upgrade. I believe it was before the lousy season this year though.

Stay cool!
Keith

red maples
06-20-2010, 06:17 AM
last year was a rain out for ma too but this year so far sun for several day then a little rain, and repeat been very good so far!!! trees should be makin' lots o' sugar with all the sun!!!:)

3rdgen.maple
06-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Must be nice guys cause it has rained here for weeks IM not talking a day here day there im talking 4 or five days a week and I just looked at next week after it rained all day yesterday it shows another 4 days of raincoming up. Im still trying to figure out why lake ontario is still a foot plus below norm.
Stoweski glad to hear you found an evaporator. I decided to hang on one more year with the 2 year old one I got now. I just want to get some more money out of this one since the last season was poor and put a halt to it. She who must be obeyed tells me to take the money out of the savings and just put it back next year but I vowed my personal money wont go into this crazy thing we all do so Im sticking to that plan. I hope I get the same deal or close to it for the new 3x8 next year. Time will tell.