PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to cap cod mass

xyz5150
06-09-2010, 10:31 AM
This July my wife and I are traveling from Michigan to cap cod for vacation. We will probably take 90 through Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York then into mass. I am also planing my first sugar house looking for ideas. What do I need to check out along that route?

maplehound
06-09-2010, 10:46 AM
You should plan to stop and check out the sugar houses on the circles in both Chardon and Burton. Also if you have time while in Chardon stop and see Richards Maple Syrup
http://www.richardsmapleproducts.com/
I believe they are probably the only family, in Ohio, that makes a living at maple syrup. They don't make alot themselves but will buy and sell alot of bulk syrup and run a store with all kinds of confections and syruping supplies.

adk1
06-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Goto the NYS Maple Producers website, they list all of the sugarhouses around.

maplemat1
06-09-2010, 12:40 PM
get in touch with me , their are a number of sugarhouses just off rt 90 and st rt 44 in geauga county ohio. mine is less than 3 minutes south of there plus i can give you locations of other s near by

brookledge
06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
For sure between Ohio New York and Mass there will be a lot of sugarhouses close to RT 90. I'm about 25 minutes north of the mass pike so that is probably to far away. But you can also do a search on massmaple.org and there is an interactive map that shows where sugarhouses are
Where on the cap are you going? I go in August and go all the way out to Race Point. I get a permit to drive out through the dunes. One of the few places you can drive to and see the sun rise and set over water with out moving. The nice thing about it is you can pack what ever you want in your cooler and nobody bothers you.
Keith

xyz5150
06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
We are going to south yarmouth. This is my first trip to mass. My wife wanted to go to a nice beech for our ten year anniversary. I cant wait until she figures out that is also a maple sugaring mission.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
remember to say

look honey a sugar house lets stop and look

brookledge
06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
The cape is nice however the traffic can get anoiying. When I go all the way out to the end it is less hectic.
Keith

gmcooper
06-10-2010, 09:26 PM
We have friends that live on the Cape. There are only two bridges to get out there. Traffic can be incredible at times. Friday afternoon going on and Sunday evening going off are worst. Rush hour is never good any day.
In NY I think Maple Flats is only a few minutes off I 90.
Have a great trip!