PDA

View Full Version : talked till i was blue in the face

Rhino
05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Went to Polaks open house this morning to get some supplies for expansion. Meet up with a fellow syrup producer who actually got me started in this business by buying my sap in the late 80's.Sure was nice to catch up since i moved away from that area. Alot of changes since then, from renting 400 taps worth of trees, to owning our own woodlots and producing syrup from 4000 taps. Lots of mistakes and successes along the way.

driske
05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Rhino,
You guys have grown a substantial operation and have much to be happy with.
Building the perfect Bush is a gratifying lifelong process. It certainly was good to trade notes.
But a few years ago that these open houses at Polaks were sparsely attended. Today they fed a small army and the presentations were standing room only.
Many thanks to Joe, Barb, and Crew for hosting a worthwhile event.

TF Maple
05-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Being new to maple syrup production I'm not familiar with Polaks. Where are they located? Thanks.

Rhino
05-08-2010, 01:17 AM
I should be sleeping now, but i am going out every hour and a half knocking the heavy snow off my trees in my yard. Lost one already. Polaks are located north east of Merrill. Hwy 17 to county rd. C. Just google earth polaks maple hollow and you will be set. Back out on snow patrol. (yawn)