PDA

View Full Version : Deutz Fahr tractors

DS Maple
05-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Just curious if anyone out there was familiar with these machines? I'll be buying another tractor this summer and am seriously considering the Deutz machine due to some of the unique features it offers.

Russell Lampron
05-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Scott are you looking for a used one or buying new? You can find all of the specs at www.tractordata.com if you have a particular model in mind.

Amber Gold
05-10-2010, 07:17 AM
My uncle has two deutz tractors on his farm...not sure of the sizes but can find out if you need to know. He likes them a lot and they're a good all around tractor.

mapleack
05-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I can't speak to the newer deutz tractors, but we have a 32 yr old 100 hp deutz that has been a great reliable tractor, up to about 6400 hours now, though it doesn't get used too much anymore since we no longer farm.

Dill
05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
The air cooled ones are good machines. You don't find too many around here used. A neighbor of mine is really big into them. Sometimes they pop up at auctions for next to nothing but never when I'm there. The only duetz-fhar machine we've farmed with lately was an old GP 2.2 round baler. Not the best thing they sold.

DS Maple
05-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm currently looking at an Agroplus 87 and have all the information on it. I've actually looked at one in person, but it didn't have the transmission I was after so didn't bother to take it for a test drive. They seem to be built really well and I like the four wheel brakes and both front and rear differential locks. There's a possibility that I may demo one for a few days in June or July if the dealer can get an 87 with the 30/30 hydraulic shuttle transmission.

Dill
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Contact Luke Holtry at http://www.deutzboyz.com/ they are a big dealer in PA.
When my neighbor bought his last new machine, Luke beat the price from the dealer in VT by 500 including delivery. I'm guessing your going through Abee of New England. He gets all his parts etc from PA anyway.
Wish I had the money for a brand new tractor. There are great deals out there this year for financing etc. We just bought a new Kuhn discbine and are pricing hydro fold tedders right now.

collinsmapleman2012
05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
ive never heard about any problems with em and they seem to run great the only thing i have to say is if it gets muddy around u may want either weights or to load the tires cuz tractors these days are way too light