PDA

View Full Version : Can cold water clean the dishes

802maple
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Can Cold Water Clean Dishes?
This is for all the germ conscious folks
that worry about using cold water to clean.

John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather
in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan

After spending a great evening chatting the night away,
the next morning John's grandfather prepared
breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate,
and questioned his grandfather asking,

'Are these plates clean?'

His grandfather replied,

'They're as clean as cold water can get em.
Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!'

For lunch the old man made hamburgers.

Again, John was concerned about the plates,
as his appeared to have tiny specks around
the edge that looked like dried egg and asked,

'Are you sure these plates are clean?'

Without looking up the old man said,

'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as
clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you
fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!'

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town
and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog
started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.

John yelled and said,
'Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car'.

Without diverting his attention from the football game
he was watching on TV, the old man shouted!

'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me!'

Have a fabulous STRESS FREE day!

Haynes Forest Products
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I saw an old western movie that had all the plates nailed to the table along the same lines:o

Ausable
05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
This is a little along the same line - but - actually happened. When I was a kid - Dad would take my brother and I camping along the Ausable River and we would seldom see anyone else -- well this time we forgot soap of any kind and the old man used to always cook on cast iron over wood fire coals. Well our one big cast iron frying pan had a burnt crusty mess in it and I asked - Pa - how we gonna get this thing clean and He talls me to leave it out overnight away from the tent and some of God's creatures will deal with it. Sure enough - Next Morning it was nice and shiny - however - He had my brother and I scour it out with river water and sand - just to make sure it was clean -- worked for us-------course as little boys - our standards wern't too high......

3rdgen.maple
05-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Okay im gonna catch some slack from this but I got a true story about a dog and dishes. When I was a trail boss for our county atv club we would have trail duties a few times a week. At the end of the work we would gather at one of the workers house for some food. Well the last one I went to this guy decided he would bbq up some burgers on the grill. Halfway through this deal and after some guys have already taken a few bites of their burgers this lady comes out of this guys house and says your dog had an accident on the floor. Well the burger flipping guy walked in the house with the spatula in his hand and came out with a brown smelly pile on that spatula and gave it a swing towards the woods then he went back to flipping burgers without even thinking twice. Needless to say the place cleared out pretty fast and we never asked him to cook again. A few days later I asked him what the heck was he thinking and he said I figured if you guys seen me do that you would never want me to cook for you again and just sat their laughing.

Ausable
05-07-2010, 06:01 AM
This is a little along the same line - but - actually happened. When I was a kid - Dad would take my brother and I camping along the Ausable River and we would seldom see anyone else -- well this time we forgot soap of any kind and the old man used to always cook on cast iron over wood fire coals. Well our one big cast iron frying pan had a burnt crusty mess in it and I asked - Pa - how we gonna get this thing clean and He talls me to leave it out overnight away from the tent and some of God's creatures will deal with it. Sure enough - Next Morning it was nice and shiny - however - He had my brother and I scour it out with river water and sand - just to make sure it was clean -- worked for us-------course as little boys - our standards wern't too high......

Update - Had I used soap of any kind on my Pa's cast iron cookware I wouldn't be here to fib today - It is a true story though------

red maples
05-07-2010, 06:34 AM
cute story!!

Oh yeah never use soap on cast iron cook wear!!! it will remove the "seasoning"

Ausable
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Okay im gonna catch some slack from this but I got a true story about a dog and dishes. When I was a trail boss for our county atv club we would have trail duties a few times a week. At the end of the work we would gather at one of the workers house for some food. Well the last one I went to this guy decided he would bbq up some burgers on the grill. Halfway through this deal and after some guys have already taken a few bites of their burgers this lady comes out of this guys house and says your dog had an accident on the floor. Well the burger flipping guy walked in the house with the spatula in his hand and came out with a brown smelly pile on that spatula and gave it a swing towards the woods then he went back to flipping burgers without even thinking twice. Needless to say the place cleared out pretty fast and we never asked him to cook again. A few days later I asked him what the heck was he thinking and he said I figured if you guys seen me do that you would never want me to cook for you again and just sat their laughing.

What a great story and idea - In Deer Camp -Years ago - The first one dumb enough to complain about the chow was the new cook. Well - Time marches on and the new boys are too savy to complain about the food - so - flipping poop from any source from the spatch and going back to flipping flapjacks will surely end the Deer Camp Cook chore - cause even the new kids will howl when they witnessed that little stunt and a New Deer Camp Cook will be born.

3rdgen.maple
05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
LOL we had the same problem in our deer camp. My oldest brother has ocd and we picked up on that real fast. First round was me cooking and i made sure i burned everything. Of course he complained about that. MY other brother washed the dishes and purposely did a real bad job and he complained about that. We went through the whole family with everyone doing the same thing on purpose, more of a joke and needless to say 10 years later he still does not let anyone cook or do the dishes that is his job. For christmas last year we even had a plack engraved with his name and Camp B!tch Of The Year Written on it lol.

Ausable
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
As Larry The Cable Guy would say "Now That there is Funny".

Haynes Forest Products
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
The cook gets all the free samples he wants and doesnt have to wash dishes:)