PDA

View Full Version : warning

PATheron
05-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Guys- Havent mentioned this on the trader but decided I will now. I bought a releaser off a guy goes by CHAMPLAIN MAPLE on the trader. He seemed like a nice guy but I sent him a check and never got anything. It was only 400 bucks so I decided it wasnt worth it to try to do anything about it although I probly could get him in trouble for mail fraud. If he lists anything more I guess be warned. The(been burnt worst)roooon

mapleack
05-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Guys- Havent mentioned this on the trader but decided I will now. I bought a releaser off a guy goes by CHAMPLAIN MAPLE on the trader. He seemed like a nice guy but I sent him a check and never got anything. It was only 400 bucks so I decided it wasnt worth it to try to do anything about it although I probly could get him in trouble for mail fraud. If he lists anything more I guess be warned. The(been burnt worst)roooon

To heck with not doing anything, what address did you send the check to? Someone on here's gotta live close enough to go take a look!

Jim Brown
05-04-2010, 07:08 AM
If one checks his member ship profile is says he lives in Champlin,NY and is a milk hauler. Should not be too hard to find,those milk trucks are big and shiney and surely there is law enforcement in that area that would be more than willing to assist.
Jim( been in law enforcement for 27 years) Brown

Haynes Forest Products
05-04-2010, 08:16 AM
looks like its time to work the grape vine. Flood his Email site with nicely worded notes and when we find his milk hauling company some courtesy letters polite but to the point.

Lyle
05-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a job for small claims court.

3rdgen.maple
05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Patheron I went through a similar problem last year with my printing service business. Been dealing with an end user in idaho for many years with good results then one day he bounced a check. After a phone call he sent a new one. Well went to cash that and he put a stop payment on it. So now I was out the equipment and the money. A quick call to the local police department in his town and copies of the invoice and bounced check and they went to his place of business and gave him 2 choices. Time in the clink or a bank check. They got the bank check plus they got him to cover the bounced check fees and I got it the next day. I would not hesitate to call the sheriffs dept. in his town. It will cost you no more than the phone call and maybe a copy of your cashed check via fax. Business is a funny thing. The seller always wants cash up front and you don't even know if he has a product. Always and I mean always get a picture, serial number of the unit, model number and and invoice. This way you have paper work to back up the fraud if it arises. Don't feel bad though I think we all have been ripped off at some point in our lives. Maybe we should all start sending him pm's and request he sends your check back or the releaser.

caseyssugarshack93
05-04-2010, 02:19 PM
theron , i asked about that releaser awile ago, he said there was 2 guys coming to look at it that weekend that i pmed him, I asked him the following day and he said it was sold if that means anything

heus
05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Did he cash the check? Did he receive the check? Just wondering if maybe there was some kind of mix up.

PATheron
05-05-2010, 05:52 AM
Im pretty posative he said he got the check and it cleared. I could go back and check my records. Just seems funny becouse he seemed real nice and he sent me back a message when I told him it didnt come and he said it was stuck somewhere with a messed up address. I sent him a new one and never heard another thing. Theron

3rdgen.maple
05-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Heard that oneliner way too many times.

ADKMAPLE
05-05-2010, 06:58 PM
that just sucks. $400 is definatly worth the phone call

70 Buick
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
i would make a stink , it's not the money so much as the principal
A few phonecalls can't hurt for sure
At the very least his IP address, real name , online nick all of it should be made very public
people who do this need to be emabarassed & outed

PATheron
05-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Guys- I got a check in the mail today from the releaser guy. There was no explaination and I dont know what the deal was but I got my money back. So I just want to let people know that things were made right. He seemed like a real nice guy and I dont know what transpired but Ive been made whole and I have no hard feelings. Life is short and I dont bitch and I dont complain. Everything is square. Theron