PDA

View Full Version : Connections from pump to releaser

bigtreemaple
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
What is the best way, or type, of pipe to use in connecting the vac pump to the releaser. Our pump sits very near the releaser and we have been using sch 40 1.5" pipe but not glueing it together. Is there a better way and is it necessary to glue the connections? I think I am losing some vacuum between the pump and the releaser.

brookledge
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
You could use black plastic pipe. But why do you need to change it? There is nothing wrong with sch. 40. And I'd glue it. If you need to ever seperate you could put in a union. Or just cut it with a saw and reglue with a coupling.
Also you could connect with steel pipe
Keith

bigtreemaple
05-03-2010, 09:23 PM
We take the pump and releaser out of the woods each year, it runs by gasoline. Vibaration is an issue, I was wondering if some type of flexible connection in certain places would help.

brookledge
05-03-2010, 09:33 PM
If you are looking for a cheap way to connect them together while absorbing vibration you can get radiator hose that has spiral wire wrapped around in the inside to keep it from colapsing under vac.
Keith

Haynes Forest Products
05-03-2010, 11:13 PM
What type of releaser do you have? If its a doubble Bernard the top fitting needs to be free to move without binding from hard pipe or to much side load. I use flex pipe that I tape onto the fitting so I can take apart at the end of the season. HD has some nice flex tape black rubber that self seals under vacuum

NH Maplemaker
05-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Why not use a fernco (rubber coupling) found at Home depot or Lowes in the pluming section? They come in all sizes. Thats what I have used for years. At the end of season just loosen the clamps that come with it and pull it apart! Jim L.

Haynes Forest Products
05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
I use the spiral corrigated vacuum/suction hose and nothing will conform to the ridges because of the spiral thats why the tape. Now can you wrap it up till its sealed and then slip it into a Furnco YES I tried that but it pulled apart:mad:

NH Maplemaker
05-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I use the 2" PVC so once the fernco is on it seals great an is on untill you take it off! Jim L.

bigtreemaple
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
The releaser is a Lapierre single horizontal and the vac inlet moves easily and is sealed with an O ring. Too much pressure on that and it could pull loose from the releaser. Thanks for all the suggestions! I will check out HD.