PDA

View Full Version : PVD1 vs. others

sapman
05-02-2010, 10:16 PM
At the Leader seminar, the PVD1 came highly recommended (obviously). One producer has like 10 years or so on one, and still at 100% or thereabouts. Anyone have experience to share with them, good or bad? The catalog actually lists prices now, $1600 for 8X40. A lot of money, but if it holds up so well, probably worth it?

Thanks,
Tim

802maple
05-03-2010, 06:41 AM
I have no experience with them but they will all last if they take care of them, I am sure there are others that have replaced them within a year that didn't have good wash priorities.

Brent
09-19-2010, 08:14 AM
The PVD1 is a private model number, made by one of the very few real membane makers in the world only for Airablo if I have the story straight. You can get equivalent membranes from the same manufacturer, Hydranautics a div of Netto Denko, or from Dow. It is a technology that is quite a few years old now and not very efficient compared to newer membranes... and of coarse you pay a premium if you go through a maple dealer.

Contact Joe at ROmembranes@aol.com. Many Traders use these guys for replacement membranes and some offer huge increases in performance. I am going to trade my PVD1 but have not zeroed in on the one I'm going with yet.

DrTimPerkins
09-19-2010, 05:50 PM
... but they will all last if they take care of them....

That pretty much sums it up right there. Take care of them properly (goodd sap filters before RO, changed frequently, good rinse procedure, good wash procedure, don't use hard water, don't use chlorine, etc.) and they'll maintain good throughput rates for a good long time. Abuse them and you won't be happy....unless spending big $ for new membranes makes you happy that is.

I think we had a PVD1 membrane in our previous RO for about 8-9 yrs. It benchmarked the same during the last season we had it as it did the first season. Never had it professionally cleaned.

sapman
09-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Dr. Tim, how high did you concentrate to with the PVD1? Sounds like it did well for you. If you don't mind me asking, which membrane(s) are you using lately?

Thanks