PDA

View Full Version : Wallenstein Rotary Vane Pumps

Killington Maple
04-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Wondering how many of you have Wallenstein Rotary Vane pumps. I've got a 50cfm powered by a 13 hp Honda. Pulls an honest 24-26 inches at the releaser. Pretty trouble free this first season.
Will have to add on to the fuel system though as it will only run about 3 hours per tank of gas.

Haynes Forest Products
04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a great pump. I have the same problem with my 9hp Briggs and without CVs Im sure that Im getting suck back a few times a day because I cant get back in time. I do have a secondary tank but was to busy to get it in line:emb:

Killington Maple
05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Only a couple times was I able to get to the pump before it ran out of gas.
Will have to build a bracket to hold auxiliary tank to tie into existing fuel system.
From what I hear, these pumps are easily rebuilt for little money.......

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I had a set-up from lapierre with the wallenstein pump. not exactly sure of the cfm, but it had a 13 hp honda also. very happy with it....pulled a solid 24-25 inches all year and did not get very hot even on the warmer days. does like the gas though. mine went appx 5 hrs on a tank. and about 12 hrs out of 5 gallons of gas on a fast idle. going to make modifications to the gas tank for next year! i have done some research on these units and that brand vacuum is very industrial.

TF Maple
05-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Does it work to put a larger pulley on the engine so it will run the pump faster at a slower engine speed to use less gas? Or of course a smaller pulley on the pump. Just curious because I don't have vacuum yet but might next year.

Haynes Forest Products
05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Its either or.........WHAT..Putting a bigger pully will allow you to run the engine slower but then you wont have the power to run the pump. Smaller pully more power more gas but not that much. You need to keep the engine in its power bans and have enough air going thru the fins to run cool.