PDA

View Full Version : how much would you charge for some bad off flavor syrup?

ctjim
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
i was in contact w/ someone who make soaps and they were looking for some commercial or mersh type syrup. they were asking what i would charge for this type of syrup. since we had a bit of a mishap on our last batch and it got a bit burnt and we were using up some fermented sap that had sat in the pans for about a week in warm temps, it has an awful bad off flavor. we have about 2 gals of it to get rid of, basically i'm trading it for some soap. but the soap maker wants to know about how much it would be worth so they can give the correct amount of soap.

gmcooper
04-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Currently filtered commercial is bringing $2.25 lb and unfiltered is $2.00 lb. Now with only 2 gallon it is not really enough to sell as bulk but if you can work out a deal with them for a trade go for it.

Russell Lampron
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Ditto to what gmcooper said. Syrup at density weighs 11lbs per gallon. 11 x $2.25 = $24.75 per gallon plus the container cost.

Haynes Forest Products
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
If its bad as far as taste and small what will they do with it other than make soap that smells bad? What good is off flavor syrup good for unless you thin it down so far as to be able to say the product has Maple Syrup in it or extract the sugar out of it. Dont you run the risk of making them mad with a bad ingrediant?