PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still using bucket liners?

heus
04-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Reading through some old threads I saw that some of you tried bucket liners from uline back in 2007 I think. Is anyone still using them, or are they impractical? I have access to several hundred of my great grandfather's buckets last used around 1965 in the same bush I am tapping. Because of the lead concern I really never considered them but go to thinking about the liners. Seems that the biggest concern was sap getting between the liner and the side of the bucket where the spout poked through.

mcsap
04-19-2010, 02:29 PM
I use them in my collection of old buckets. Usually either in buckets that have some rust but are otherwise sound or in buckets that I note have small leaks. I do see a bit of sap getting behind the bags but not enough to matter much.

tuckermtn
04-19-2010, 06:14 PM
I used them in 2007 but have not since- did not work well for me- I used double sided duct tape to keep the liner in place, but often the sap would find a way into the area between the bucket and the liner...

I have since re-habilitated the buckets that we were using the bags on so no longer an issue...

heus
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I used them in 2007 but have not since- did not work well for me- I used double sided duct tape to keep the liner in place, but often the sap would find a way into the area between the bucket and the liner...

I have since re-habilitated the buckets that we were using the bags on so no longer an issue...

Eric,
How did you rehabilitate them?

tuckermtn
04-20-2010, 04:46 AM
we used a zinc rich spray paint on some and a cambridge epoxy coating on others- the cambridge epoxy seems to hold up better...