PDA

View Full Version : sweet tooth

TRAILGUY
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
thinking about chocolate cake and maple frosting Any recipes for maple frosting using maple syrup??

C.Wilcox
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
From the Vermont Maple Syrup Cookbook.....

Maple Syrup Frosting
2 egg whites, well beaten
2/3 cup Maple Syrup
1/3 cup sugar

Combine the sugar and maple syrup and cook slowly until soft ball forms in cold water. Beat the egg whites well, and stir into the cooked syrup gradually. Keep beating until the frosting is cool. If this seems too sweet, add a pinch of salt to the egg whites.

Uncooked Maple Frosting
1 1/2 tbsp. butter or 1 egg yolk, beaten
1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
3 tbsp. Maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

Cream the butter and add the sifted sugar, creaming together. Or, beat the egg yolk well, add the sifted sugar, and cream together until well blended. Add the maple syrup, a tablespoon at a time until the frosting is the right consistency to spread. Add the salt and the vanilla, mix well, and spread on the cake.

TapME
04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
my favorit is maple walnut cake with maple frosting. It's been that way since I was 8 and has not changed yet. There was a post on herr for maple short cake and I have made that several times and it is wonderful also. ( the whipped cream takes away from the maple ,lol). Any thing maple is great these days, maple to sweetin my coffee, on cerial in the morning, or in butter(maple butter), or drizzled on a sweet and hot sasage sandwich. got to go and have some dinner now.

Ausable
04-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Maple Syrup is good on just about everything - I still like to cover vanilla ice cream with maple syrup. My Son has a maple syrup brat receipe that I give him syrup for -- and naturally he gives me some of his brats and they are great -- Mike