View Full Version : Where to buy supplies in Northern Michigan?

Ausable
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Is there a Good Store to buy Maple Syrup Supplies in Northern Michigan? I live in North East Lower Michigan and have a hard time finding a store that has a good stock of syrup makers supplies. Nothing major - just the basic stuff for maple syrup makers - hydrometers, spiles, thermometers, gathering pails, tanks, etc. When I do locate a store they usually just stock a few items and are usually sold out. I used to order things - but now even a hydrometer runs 18 to 25 bucks and I'd pay that - but - now shipping is at least $10.00. A Store location say from M-61 North. thanks for any help --- Mike

whalems
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Hide-away sugar bush is in Mesick on M-37 just south of Buckley. They have a pretty good selection but you usually have to call to see if someone is there. It is their second job and sell out of their garage. Prices are very resonable though. Hope this helps.

red maples
04-14-2010, 01:46 PM
The only place out there that I know but it is sorta mid southern is Sugar Bush Supply Co. in Mason. they have a website

www.sugarbushsupplies.com

I have pruchased stuff from there over the phone and their prices seem reasonable. but they may be too far south for you.

maple man-iac
04-14-2010, 03:46 PM
RMG Family Sugarbush in Rudyard. 1-800-506-2753 Halfway between St.Ignace and Sault St. Marie of of I-75

Ausable
04-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the help Guys - I appreciate it ---- Mike

firetech
04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
You could order from any of the suppliers in Michigan. Then go to the Michgan Maple syrup Producers meeting in Jan and pick up your order. No shipping a day spent with other producers and good educational programs to learn from. There is somthing for every level of producer. Its a decent hotel and there's a pool for the kids. Maybe a weekend get away in January.

Maple/Cherry
05-02-2010, 09:06 AM
May is a good time to order ahead as some vendors offer 5 to 10% off on many of their products.