PDA

View Full Version : RO!!!!!

Maplewalnut
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Just got back from Vermont picking up a 250 Lapierre RO from Breezy Lane. Looks like a sweet little unit, should be perfect for our number of taps. Checked in with Maple Crest while we up were up there, thanks for the tour.

Plumbing looks a little intimidating and I have to rearrange tankage and purchase a new woods tank but all in all can't wait for next year.

My kids already asked me on the way home how many taps we are adding for next year......smart kids!

tuckermtn
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
MW- the plumbing may look a little intimidating, but you will figure it out- it looks like an ocotpus in my barn, but it all makes sense once you spend a few hours with it...when your shopping for fittings, buy twice as many valves as you think you need...

congrats-

-Eric

Russell Lampron
04-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Maple Walnut congrats on your Shiny Squeezer purchase. You are going to like it. The Lapierre is a good one. It will be intimidating at first. The plumbing looks more scary than it really is. You're going to love boiling concentrated sap.

802maple
04-12-2010, 07:06 AM
You made a good purchase, I helped him with what he had to do when he plumbed that one up and he did a good job with it. I am sure you will be happy as he took good care of it.

Jim Brown
04-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Maplewalnut; There are any number of folks on here who will be glad to help you work out the bugs.Russ Lampron helped me a great deal when I bought mine.You will not be sorry you bought it next year when the sap is at 1- 1.5% any you are still making 2-3 gallon per hour. Lapierre makes a great unit . If I can help let me know. Did you get the 4 valve control unit that mounts on the wall with the RO? If so I have some picture that may help with the hook up

Jim

Maplewalnut
04-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks guys. Pretty funny you responded so quickly, I knew Russ and Jim had similiar machines and that Jerry had helped Ryan with the unit I have now. You guys were three of four on my 'expert call with problems list':) I going to dive into it in the next few weeks, questions certainly to follow

Jim-did not get the panel but know exactly what you are talking about. I may try to layout the plumbing first before deciding if the panel would help consolidate everything

Mike

802maple
04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
I sent you a PM

Russell Lampron
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I bought the 3 way valves and made my own panel using pictures that Jim Brown sent to me. You want to plumb up something like that so that you know which direction everything is going. I have pumped RO soap into the evaporator and 600 gallons of sap onto the ground in the past because I didn't have the valves set up the way that I do now.