PDA

View Full Version : good sap hauler?

tuckermtn
04-08-2010, 06:42 PM
might make a nice sap hauler

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250610902255&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_500wt_965

PARKER MAPLE
04-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Wow what an awesome deal. i would give that for just the tank. its funny that you posted this i was just talking to my farther, he said that when he was involved with the local fire department they had a truck get totaled. but the tank n the back was still in good shape, i asked what they did with it they said took it to the juck yard, i bet that it didnt last long there a 3000 gal stainless steel tank, i wish i could come on to a deal like this.

maple rookie

davey
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Wow what an awesome deal. i would give that for just the tank. its funny that you posted this i was just talking to my farther, he said that when he was involved with the local fire department they had a truck get totaled. but the tank n the back was still in good shape, i asked what they did with it they said took it to the juck yard, i bet that it didnt last long there a 3000 gal stainless steel tank, i wish i could come on to a deal like this.

maple rookie

I have a 3000 stainless gallon tank from a milk truck I'd sell for $2250. It is located near Rochester, NY. e-mail me at dbandlb@rochester.rr.com if you are interested.
Dave

KenWP
04-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I wonder what the reserve is on it. I would say he wants a lot more then $3100 dollars for it.

maple man-iac
04-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't take ten for mine

farmall h
04-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Maple-maniac...must be great in mud season.;)

maple man-iac
04-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Nothing is good in the mud when the frost is coming out of the ground. For three days we had to pull her into the woods and back out again with an International Harvester 2+2. All though no other truck of any size would have survived the trials we put that 5 ton military tractor through this sap season. That I-H tractor came in very handy this sap season. I set the corn field on fire with embers from the chimney on the evaporator and we used the same tractor to pull the fire trucks out of the field.

maple man-iac
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Nothing is good in the mud when the frost is coming out of the ground. For three days we had to pull her into the woods and back out again with an International Harvester 2+2. All though no other truck of any size would have survived the trials we put that 5 ton military tractor through this sap season. The I-H 2+2 tractor came in very handy this season. I set the corn field on fire with embers from the chimney on the evaporator and we used the same tractor to pull the fire trucks out of the field.

Brent
04-10-2010, 06:56 AM
do you suppose its a food grade fire truck:D

Ausable
04-10-2010, 08:49 AM
A Backyarder is forced to think small - My Sap Hauler is an ATV with a Cooler on the back rack. I live in a National Forest area and they used those rigs for fighting forest fires........Water Haulers.... Would work great for a large scale sap hauler.......However - during the fire season - the ground is not snow covered...That could be a problem.......... Mike

KenWP
04-10-2010, 09:25 AM
For mud so far the best thing I found is a pair of 5 gallon buckets and my boots. Never get stuck can go any wheres and not matter how cold it allways starts up.

maple man-iac
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
For mud so far the best thing I found is a pair of 5 gallon buckets and my boots. Never get stuck can go any wheres and not matter how cold it allways starts up.

Ken you are hired!!! Are you going to be able to start on day two after hauling 1200 gallons of sap your first day or will your batteries be dead?

maplekid
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
you have to think about whats been in that tanker. whether it be foam or plain nastiness i dont think it would come clean. esecially if it had fire foam in it... im stilling seeing foam flutter up from a spill on concrete about 2 months ago... plus the foam i think is toxic. its basically dish soap. and from what ive seen come out of my stations tanker. i wouldnt even think about putting sap in there... but it is a nice truck... probley a 500gpm pump and you could draft the sap out of the collection tank in the woods.

sapman
04-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Man-iac, does that truck have the multi-fuel Studebaker engine? We used to have one under a drilling rig. Front end looked just like yours.

maple man-iac
04-12-2010, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE=sapman;110313]Man-iac, does that truck have the multi-fuel Studebaker engine? We used to have one under a drilling rig. Front end looked just like yours.[

This truck has a cummins diesel. Im not really sold on the multi-fuel trucks. However multi-fuel trucks are the only ones with turbo. Turbo sure would be a nice feature to have.

sapman
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Can't beat a good Cummins! That old engine we had was very hard starting in the winter. Was kind of a neat novelty, to me anyway.