PDA

View Full Version : Worst

Frank Ivy
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Ok - Does anybody else think that the attached image is the absolute worst maple syrup marketing they've ever seen (click on Thumb for better visual)?

PerryW
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Now that is funny. I always though Vermont's syrup had sort of an ammonia taste to it.

adk1
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Now That Is Funny

Amber Gold
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Funny. Another reason why NH makes better syrup.

adk1
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
yup, almost as good as New Yorks.....

ennismaple
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I got sent that last week. Their marketing people should be tarred and feathered!

maplwrks
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I never looked at it that way....funny **** though!!

You guys are dreaming though, most of you will never make maple syrup like we do in VT.!!!

adk1
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Ha! I ahve seen alot of VT operations, mostly in Fairfield VT...And I wouldnt bet on that!

wattwood1
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I never looked at it that way....funny **** though!!

You guys are dreaming though, most of you will never make maple syrup like we do in VT.!!!

...not if that's how you fill your buckets up there!

just poking fun...

Rob in Ohio- home to some very good maple syrup.

Russell Lampron
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Nice... So thats where the yellow sap comes from...LOL

vtsnowedin
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
You have to wonder who thought that one up and how they got the job they have?

802maple
04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't remember who thought it up, but it has worked better than all other states for 20 plus years. Something keeps them coming back. LOL

Haynes Forest Products
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Cant they get better fitting pants it that state? I do relate to the guy after having prostate problems guy needs to see a DR:lol:

KenWP
04-01-2010, 07:51 PM
No wonder our syrup is so good and we make so much of it. We use trees for sap.

802maple
04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
But you even have to send it to Vermont to get rid of it. After we sell all of ours of course.

KenWP
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Thats because you don't make enough with the source of sap your useing. Things are bigger in Quebec sort of like Texas. Quebecois could put a Texian to shame when it comes to bragging.

Brent
04-01-2010, 09:49 PM
You think that inspires more women to by syrup ?

3rdgen.maple
04-01-2010, 10:15 PM
That is funny right there. I bet a NH guy designed that for vermont. He was laughing his but off the whole ride home Im betting.

802maple
04-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Whoever designed it, it works. The one place that has all of New Englands sugarmaker associations selling syrup head to head is the Big-e down in Springfield, Ma and we outsell all the others combined. Of course it could be Maplewrks and myself with our good looks doing it also. LOL

We figured out how to make that steady drip work for us.

The Birdman
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
You guys are dreaming though, most of you will never make maple syrup like we do in VT.!!![/quote]

I dont know how you guys make syrup. I tap maple trees,collect sap, boil it down till I have syrup. I had a guy last year said I didnt know you had to boil it down I thought you just tapped trees and syrup came out. God must love stupid people he created so many of them.:lol:

wanting to get into it
04-02-2010, 08:07 AM
You think that inspires more women to by syrup ?

Brent, maybe single women. Being married I don't think it would inspire the married women, if its true they are all alike:lol:

Haynes Forest Products
04-02-2010, 08:27 AM
What to get into it.................I think you need to change your screen name before it sticks. I can see it now you walking around a Maple Trader convention shaking hands with everyone saying HI BILL I WANT TO GET INTO IT Hi Fred I WANT TO GET INTO IT...........Then you come up to Kens wife and say Hi Ken I want to get into it:o

Frank Ivy
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Thats because you don't make enough with the source of sap your useing. Things are bigger in Quebec sort of like Texas. Quebecois could put a Texian to shame when it comes to bragging.

Quebec is "sort of" like Texas like
Jean Claude Van Damme is "sort of" like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Frank Ivy
04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Whoever designed it, it works.

Seriously, don't bet on it. I saw it and thought, "yuck."

Has it occurred to you folks in VT that maybe the sign brings in less business than a better sign would?

Seriously, a picture of a maple leaf and pancakes would be 10x better.

802maple
04-02-2010, 05:35 PM
We get rid of more than we can make now with that sign. It can't be that bad as we have had that nearly 25 years and you are the first one I had heard complain. Besides if it is hurting our sales then it should be helping yours.

Randy Brutkoski
04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I dont know about your looks 802 maple but Mike Christain is no chippendale. But that big smile he shows and suposedly the great looks you have combined, might sell a good amount of syrup at the big e. I heard you guys had poeple lined up to buy that stuff.

802maple
04-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi Randy
It is a close one between Mike and I, don't let our spare tires fool yeah.

We have 3 of those signs down there and they are bigger then that one, yet they are still lined up out the door to buy our premium syrup and products. You ought to let Mike convince you to come down

Haynes Forest Products
04-02-2010, 06:15 PM
The people lined up are the men or women because it looks like a Cechian symbol for the bathroom:lol:

Grade "A"
04-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Haynes, people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Here is a link to Wisconsin's sign http://www.wismaple.org/ Looks alot like ours but with a much smaller spout, if you know what I mean!:lol:

Haynes Forest Products
04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
At least Wisconsins is pointing north:razz: OK i quit

orange county maple
04-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Most of them are murders read the news in past months or years. Must be something in the water or maybe the syrup.:evil:

KenWP
04-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Finally figured out what pointed north. Weird looking state.

802maple
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Probably because something that small is easy to keep pointed north

KenWP
04-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Foe Vermont at least they have Quebec to help point the right way. I wonder does Quebec have a maple symbol. Probbably use a hicory leaf instead of maple.

Frank Ivy
04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
We get rid of more than we can make now with that sign. It can't be that bad as we have had that nearly 25 years and you are the first one I had heard complain. Besides if it is hurting our sales then it should be helping yours.

Meh.

No need to get defensive. I don't sell. And I'm not complaining.

Just pointing out that the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a guy pissing in a bucket, and I know I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

And it is completely, irrevocably illogical to say, "it must be working because sales are good."

If sales were better you could raise your price.

Haynes Forest Products
04-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Frank is that what you see? I think we all were talking about a Ink blot test and I saw a water fall with wonderful flowers growing next to a pick nick basket full of Posies.........................and guy pissing on it:lol:

trackerguy
04-04-2010, 08:41 AM
It's the female contingent that buys most of the syrup, so I'm not qualified to comment on how sales are affected. From what I've heard, guys may tend to over fixate on spout importance (or was that impotance?). How did I get pulled into this.....

sapman
04-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Maybe you're right about the women buyers. Years ago a friend was telling me they learned in a college class how the Camel cigarette symbol was meant to appeal to the women in the population. I don't have a link to what that looked like, but many of you probably remember it.

802maple
04-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Meh.

No need to get defensive. I don't sell. And I'm not complaining.

Just pointing out that the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a guy pissing in a bucket, and I know I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

And it is completely, irrevocably illogical to say, "it must be working because sales are good."

If sales were better you could raise your price.

I am sorry if I got defensive, but some people turn me in that direction. I took everybodies comments (except for 1) as joke (yes even Haynes), any idea who that might be.

So what you are saying then is that our syrup here in Vermont is the best and we should get more then the near 60 dollars a gallon that we are already receive. We already on an average are receiving the most for our syrup and we should get more. I can go for that. Must be every bucket hung on a tree reminds you of a guy pissing in a bucket too.

Haynes Forest Products
04-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry guys I was just playing around:emb: It started as good fun till someone got serious. Just like Wisconsin takes its cheese serious so does California AND Vermont. I have had 4 Chevys 2 Dodges and 2 Ford trucks so as you can see I dont really care that much about brands so Sugar on:)

johnallin
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Mr. Frank Ivy is back....just a matter of time till it gets crazy again. I thought we were finished with the controversial stuff.

That Vermont sign has been around for years. If it bothers you move on; just what did you expect the Vermonters to say about your post Frank Ivy1?

We need to chill and not take the bait...

802maple
04-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Your right JohnAllin I shouldn't have bit on that one, Hey Haynes no apology needed, I was having fun with the banter between us and many others.

Haynes Forest Products
04-04-2010, 07:14 PM
802Maple COOL. I have my sugar bush about 2/3rds up the impendage ...ER I mean Peninsula;) Funky weather when your taps are 3 miles east of Green Bay waters and 7 miles west of lake Michigan. My sap shack and property with about 50 tree is 1/4 mile off the lake so a little breeze and it shuts down.

KenWP
04-04-2010, 07:43 PM
We all know the best syrup comes fron Ayer's Cliff Quebec. All others Pale in comparision. I had syrup the other day from a big place and man was it bitter and no maple taste. Syrup is supposed to be like fine brandy not vodka.

Haynes Forest Products
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Mine has a hint of Coors Light.........I dont know why I dont drool;)

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Aren't we desperate to start posts. They must be doing something right in VT as it appears their marketing is well above everyone else.