PDA

View Full Version : diff. btw. Extractors/relasers amd vacumn pumps

can'twaitforabigrun
03-31-2010, 01:24 PM
My uncle just bought some proprety and from scouting it out there looks to be roughly 400 -700 taps available. I'm looking for equipment for him and wondering what the difference is between sap extractors/releasers and vacumn pumps, how each works, what is more economical for what size of bush, etc? I was on the leader website and the sap releasers/extractors came up, I have never heard of them before, just the vacumn pumps.
Thanks

arcticmaple8
03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
the vac pump creates vacuum, the releaser seperates the sap from the vacuum system without shuting off the vacuum.

can'twaitforabigrun
04-01-2010, 08:27 PM
do you need both of them on order to have a vacumn system set up in the bush?

Haynes Forest Products
04-01-2010, 11:10 PM
No you dont. You need to do some catching up on some of the old posts and go on line and read up on basic vacuum systems and then we can talk:)

can'twaitforabigrun
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Any particular threads that you would recomend and have you got any good websites or books in mind? Thanks!

Haynes Forest Products
04-03-2010, 12:13 AM
yourgoingtohavetowaitillnextyear :o Scroll down to bottom of page and click on Forum jump click on it and go to vacuum systems and read and read and read. You will get the basic idea what we and others are trying, failing at and hoping to do. Im not trying to turn you off its just that you will learn alot from that section and then ask away:)

can'twaitforabigrun
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks, It's my fault I didn't see that thread, I thought to look in pumps since I was looking for info. on vacumn pumps. Don't worry I'm not turned off whatsoever. I'm very appreciative of all your help!