PDA

View Full Version : Metabolic Syrup

danno
03-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Have heard many traders use the term - but what is the flavor in the syrup that determines it metabolic?

Brent
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
metabolic = buddy

you'll know the taste right after you spit it out.

actually if you're boiling inside, or downwind of an evaporator with buddy sap, you'll know before you taste. In fact if you're downwind and smell it and then go on to taste it, you've got serious issues.

royalmaple
03-31-2010, 12:20 AM
The best way to test is to smell the steam, if it smells sour, your probably in the Mersh. Now if you got the berries to try some take a sip. At the end of the sip it will be like putting your tongue on a 9v battery, ta da you got buddy syrup.

PerryW
03-31-2010, 05:48 AM
I always called it metabolic when you get a hint of aftertaste, but still not the bitter taste of bud run. Many people will taste the metabolic syrup and like the flavor.

Russell Lampron
03-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Metabolic syrup can have many different tastes. I have had some that tasted like caramel instead of maple.

Bucket Head
03-31-2010, 07:51 PM
I've made some like what Russ is describing. Strangely enough, is did'nt taste bad, but there was'nt any maple flavor to it. The color was'nt bad either. I know it had my father and I saying after we tasted it, "What did we make here?!".

Steve