PDA

View Full Version : Adding Vessel and membrane

doocat
03-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Does anyone have any info on adding a membrane? I have an Airblo 600. It already has 7.5 hp pump so I believe it is set up to add vessel.

We would like to add one for next season. What would be the concentration for a single pass through two membranes? 10-12?

Any ideas what is needed other than the membrane and vessel? Guages, hoses, etc.

Thanks, Craig

Buffalo Creek Sugar Camp
03-30-2010, 07:20 AM
I believe airablo is making an expansion kit for their RO's now. It consists of the membrane, pump, and flowmeter. I have a new 1000 GPH machine and it shows a picture of the expansion kit in the manuel.

Jim Brown
03-30-2010, 08:46 AM
doocat; Lapierre told me that they would retro fit mine with another membrane and make all the connection for around $4000. We would be at approx.350gph.

Jim

mapleack
03-30-2010, 04:12 PM
doocat; Lapierre told me that they would retro fit mine with another membrane and make all the connection for around $4000. We would be at approx.350gph.

Jim

Yikes! I'm starting planning on building my own and I think I can build an entire 400 gal hr RO for about 4k!

sapman
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Craig, sounds like we have identical machines. I never get 600gph, though, with the Fluid Systems membrane in it. I asked about expansion, and it takes a serial expansion kit, I think. They said it really should have a bigger feed pump. Mine is 1 hp, I think should be 1.5hp. I guess the plumbing is big enough. Yvon from Airablo said it's better to just sell and buy a bigger one, but he wants to make sales, of course.

doocat
03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Tim,

Thanks for the info. I just found a manual in the internet showing the serial and parallel expansion kits. I am just starting to look into it. Recirculating sap works well but really slows down production time. I'm going to Vermont for the open houses so was trying to do some research before I go.
I also am looking into different membranes to try and speed things up.

Craig

Russell Lampron
03-31-2010, 05:26 AM
An NF270 membrane would speed things up without the expense of adding another membrane tower. I put one in my Lapierre 150 and get about 400 out of it. Of course with it being a single membrane machine it slows down faster as the concentrate gets higher than it would if it had a second membrane.

With the 7.5hp pump the feed pump would be the only thing to slow you down. I don't know the flow rates of the membrane that you have now but Joe at AtlanticRO or his brother Bill at MidwestRO could probably tell you.

sapman
04-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Craig, I know what you're saying about recirculating slowing things down. Most of my boils started around 11pm this year. But once going, boiling only usually lasted 1-2 hours. The oil gauge went down real slow, too!