PDA

View Full Version : holy rain yet again!!!

red maples
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Well national weather service just went yet agin this year for flooding rain 3-6 inches expect through tuesday. man what the heck is going on this is as much rain as I have ever seen in one month my whole life...geez and it may hit like 70 on saturday and sunday!!!! Global warming I guess!!! right!

I have to go stand up my sledge at the edge of the swamp and see what we get. suppose to be 1/4 inch of rain per hour!!!! yippee!!!

wally
03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Well national weather service just went yet agin this year for flooding rain 3-6 inches expect through tuesday. man what the heck is going on this is as much rain as I have ever seen in one month my whole life...geez and it may hit like 70 on saturday and sunday!!!! Global warming I guess!!! right!

you aren't very old then, are you? ;) the columbus day rains in 2005 and the mother's day rains in 2006 pretty much equaled the total for this march, and in some places exceeded the rainfall from this month.

i also remember an early april day in the mid-1970s when the temperature approached 90 degrees in central nh. :D

red maples
03-30-2010, 08:12 AM
OH yeah I remember mother's day in 2005 I just bought my house here, that november before but the last storm we had was the worse because it was so much rain at once. mother's day was a series of storms. And the water came up just a little bit more than 2005. (funny the people that were said they rarely got water int he basement ...yeah right!!!) but I put in a new french drain since then and haven't have any water in the basement since 1996 storms!!! knock wood!!!:rolleyes:

I believe we have just broken the all time record for rain in march!!!!

Mid seventies I was only like 3 or 4. and lived in NJ then. but I do remember one easter that got up to like 85 degrees in NW jersey back in the 80's. there climate is just a tad warmer than here on the seacoast.

brookledge
03-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Better fill your tanks with all this rain because the way this years weather has been it may end up be hot and no rain for months in the summer.
Keith

red maples
03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
yeah right Draught!!

Well sorry no record here I was wrong. I don't know what the record is for here. I got about 5 more inches and water is in the sugarhouse!!! but the rain seems to be letting up and the radar says the same.

this last shot is worst than 2005, 2006, and just a few weeks ago. I think we hit over 4 inches in less than 48 hours and thats not even as bad as some ares that are at 7,8, and almost 9 inches.

I have almost 2 feet of water over my driveway I can still drive through it with the truck but Wow...

red maples
03-31-2010, 06:28 AM
OK next report !!! water finally stopped rising. I'll get a few pics on here as soon as I find my camera. 1.5 inches from going into the sugarhouse. water looks to be about 6 feet above normal. And good news my grapple load of pine and pulp wood just broke loose and a few logs are now floating around!!! great now I am a swamp logger:rolleyes:

red maples
03-31-2010, 09:25 AM
just a little water in the yard!!! at least its not rising but its not going down yet either!!! too much run off but alot of wood to clean up as it goes down!!!

802maple
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Most people are happy to have water front property LOL

Back in 98 we got eleven inches of rain over night and it nearly washed half our town into Lake Champlain.
I remember that hot weather back in the 80,s on Easter Sunday as my brother and I were trying to empty out our 2500 buckets so the sap wouldn't sour in them. We were wearing just shorts and sneakers and were still sweating our butts off and we thought we had it bad until we got down to the sugarhouse and saw what my uncle and father were going through. 87 degrees and boiling sap was not fun.

morningstarfarm
03-31-2010, 03:08 PM
ya know, I almost came over to check on you this morning...kinda glad i didn't...my waders sprung a leak:o

red maples
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
well turns out the culvert 2 streets down was blocked and the roadcrew was working on clearing it out there was a good size rock and a few branches that plugged it up just from pure water pressure and soil errosion. but they finally got it cleared and it has gone down about 4 inches in the past hour and once things get going it should drain out pretty quick. should be down off the driveway by morning.

I have to get out there and move the logs soon... as they are scattered though out the yard now.

I have nice couple of mallards around now. and my cat went for a swim to try to get them she swims pretty good funny to watch though.

had my wife park at the end of the driveway last night so she could get to work. had her put on my boots funny watching her in big boots!!

Gonna start canoe tours and change the farm name to "water world maple farm" at least the water didn't make it into the sugarhouse was very close though1 more inch and it would have been in!!!!

Z/MAN
03-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Glad to hear the water didn't ruin anything in the sugarhouse. It would be a shame to have that beautiful building damaged!!
Paul