PDA

View Full Version : I think I need mental help!

Dan W
03-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Not 2 weeks since the season has been over I have visions of sugar trees in my head. Took a walk throught 2 new woods and identified at least 150 new trees. This weekend I will do a friendly introduction with some syrup in hand and try to get permission to tap. Any suggestions on how to get an RO past the Warden? I may need one in 2012. Or can you recomend a counselor that can help me through this?

Paddymountain
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Realizing you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery!!!!

Dan W
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I don't have a problem I tell ya. I don't, I don't!!

nas
03-29-2010, 07:02 PM
So you went to look at their woods before the intro:confused:
Round here you better keep you head down if you do that:o
Yes you need help, and an RO will be just the thing to help you.;)

Nick

3rdgen.maple
03-29-2010, 08:06 PM
You are okay yet and not in need of help. But when you have 800 taps out and running the 2x6 and you took a walk today and found hundreds of more taps for next year you might want to consult a therapist. Well atleast that is what she who must be obeyed told me today. I have not told her I just tapped some birch trees.

farmall h
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
3rdgenmaple, you have a good therapist? The wife is gonna either deeevorse me or send me to the nut house. I just told her tonight that I am going to expand to 2500 for next season....it didn't go over well. She'll have all summer to forget about it...hee hee;)

3rdgen.maple
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Nope don't know a good one and that is kinda sad cause my brother is a pyschiatrist lol. I told the lady of the house I have a realistic number of 5000 taps I can put out and she said get busy so she can quit her job. If that happens I definatley will be seeking one for sure. 5000 taps and someone looking over my shoulder every step.

JohnsSugarShack
03-30-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't have a problem I tell ya. I don't, I don't!!
Nope no problem at all. I too have been looking for more trees and the wife just smiles. Haven't considered the RO yet but that could be in the future. Would like to be able to make 50-60 gallons next year, guess time will tell. And NO WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!! Just an addiction that can be soothed by tapping more trees and getting more equipment.;) :lol: