PDA

View Full Version : Officially DONE!

Beans Maple
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Well today was it for me. After a crappy season I am pulling the plug. The pump was still pulling some sap today but after I started boiling it and realized I was making some sort of grade that is not even on the charts....I said screw it and shut the girl down. The buds are not even out yet but I can't deal with 1.3% sap and black,goooey, gross tasting syrup anymore. Good luck to those hanging in there. Nothing left for me but to batch off whats in the pans and start the clean up proccess.

KenWP
03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I would say I am almost done here also. I got 10 gallons from 200 taps today and thats with three hard freezes in a row. Was 42 degrees here but the stupid wind was cold. I might get a bit tomorrow but then no freezes forecast till 10 of April. Time to make birch syrup and beer and wine.

3rdgen.maple
03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I was done about 10 days ago but refused to give in. We had acoording to MR. Weatherman some good weather in the forcast. This weekend in particular but like Ken the wind just killed us. 800 taps and I could not even fill a 5 gallon pail in 10 days. Time to give in and start the closing of the very very poor season.