PDA

View Full Version : hoping for one more week

poulu
03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
we just finished up boiling all the sap we had and made 3 1/2 more gal. we are Know at 7 gals. looks like the weather here in northern Vt might give us one more weekend. my hope for 20 gals. is not looking good. theirs all was next year.

KenWP
03-28-2010, 02:18 PM
The way the weathers looking we are lucky to get anthing today even, Supposed to warm up and stay warm for at least 2 weeks.

poulu
03-28-2010, 04:18 PM
ken i bet we are only a few miles apart our operation is in norton

TF Maple
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
The weather forecast for Wisconsin after tomorrow makes it look like we will be done here. But the run last weekend and this weekend has been great.
Got a gallon per tap yesterday and today, and that is with the south taps dried up. The cold trees and the north taps are really running. Had a few trees with 1 and 1/2 gallons and 2 gallons per tap to make up for the dry taps. My wife and I are sure we didn't skip any trees when we emptied pails yesterday, but one pail was full to the top with 4 gallons. That doesn't seem possible!!!!
It will still be sad to see the year end, but I don't have to tell anyone that on this site.

Randy Brutkoski
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
It was probably the last freeze of the season and i had my best run. 5200 gallons of sap and it is still gushing. But it is midnight so i need to sleep for at least 3 hours before i go to work. Practicly noone is getting any sap around me. VACUUM is everything