PDA

View Full Version : A simple explanation?

wanting to get into it
03-28-2010, 09:24 AM
I would like to add 50 taps to vac next year on trees that did a whole lot of nothing. The problem being, I have no clue how this stuff works. All this talk of elec. releaser, mech. releaser, flapper valve, etc. Someone just go through and explain how it comes together. As I understand, you only want about 10 taps per lateral? Is this correct? My trees are pretty close together. I want a electric pump, which one? I would like it to be capable of 100 taps. I have a 100 gal storage tank to dump the sap into.

KenWP
03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Fairly simple as I can almost understand it. You suck on one end of the plastic pipe and the trees are at the other end. Between the pump and the trees you have a tank and aon the pipe line you have the releaser. The releaser gathers sap so it dosn't get sucked into the pump and when it's full it dumps into the tank in such a way as you don't loose vacuum. After it has dumped it closes back up and starts to fill again. Mech releaser uses a float to tell it when to dump and to close off the vacuum line you don't loose vacuum. The electric releaser do's it with a float and switchs. The pumps work on electric motors or gas motors or we get Haynes to suck on the pipe line. Thats all up to where and how close to power you are. You have one big pipe line with little ones branching off just like our road system. To many taps on a small road causes a bottle neck.
Now somebody explain it so it makes sense.

BryanEx
03-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Actually Ken... that's not bad at all. :lol:

Haynes Forest Products
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Dang Ken now I know why most of the people I know tell me I SUCK:lol:

wanting to get into it
03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Well based on Ken's explanation. Are you busy next year haynes for about three weeks:lol:

Haynes Forest Products
03-29-2010, 01:19 AM
.................................................. ..YES:o ...................................