PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning evaporater

Brad W Wi
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Starting to think of cleaning up already. Does anyone ever use oven cleaner on the outside bottom of a stainlees steel evap? I use wood to boil and am wondering. How about a pressure washer??

Haynes Forest Products
03-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I have SS pots and the evap that I use EZoff on all the time and it works the best. Just spray it on good and heavy and let sit if you want to get all the action youi can lay plastic over it so it doesnt evaporate and then rub and spray wash. I also use it on the inside to get the scum out of the flues. Wont hurt it a bit. It really cuts the soot from wood or oil.

Bruce L
03-27-2010, 08:20 PM
What we find works best is we fill the pans with sap,and walk away.Come back after a month or so,the sap has fermented to vinegar,drain the pans,hit them with a garden hose and you would never know the pans were used!!We have been doing this for over 20 years and people still think we have new pans when we first start the season.

3rdgen.maple
03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Geez another thread on how to clean your evaporator.

Brad W Wi
03-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Not looking for another thread about cleaning. Just wondering about oven cleaner. if it bothers you don't read it.

wnybassman
03-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Not looking for another thread about cleaning. Just wondering about oven cleaner. if it bothers you don't read it.

I have SS pots and the evap that I use EZoff on all the time and it works the best.

I think it has been answered. I'm going to try it tomorrow :cool:

danno
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow - you can tell it's been a bad season, when us guys are snipping at each other. We have a very special forum here, let's keep it light:)

3rdgen.maple
03-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Well if you did a search like the administrator keeps asking us to do you would see there is several threads on cleaning the evaporator with oven cleaner. There is no need to get nasty we just keep flooding this site with questions that have been asked alot and we have been asked many times they would like you to search before you ask and revive an old thread if need be.

wnybassman
03-30-2010, 06:23 PM
I used the oven cleaner today to clean the soot off my pan. It worked excellent. I used the Easy Off that is made for BBQ grills. It foamed up nice and stayed foamed for quite some time.

While I had the pan out again, I tried the vinegar trick for the cooked on sugar sand on the inside. There wasn't much there, but it did have a very fine sandpaper feel to it. Soaked for three hours and it literally wiped right out.

My pan almost looks like when I got it!!

Thanks!!

Haynes Forest Products
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
See we wouldnt lie to you.

maplefrank
04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm using Shaklees Basic H this year, seems to be working good.

maplefrank
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I'M using Shaklee's Basic H this year, it works good.

maplefrank
04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
sorry about posting twice.......