PDA

View Full Version : Maple Cookies with Maple Cream Frosting

northwoods_forestry
03-27-2010, 06:18 AM
I thought these were pretty darn good. And they kept my spirits up those 2 weeks when the sap wasn't flowing!

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&suggest&note_id=112732128737811&id=364333982291#!/notes/northwoods-farm-and-forestry/maple-cookies-with-maple-cream-frosting-adapted-from-a-recipe-by-emeril-lagasse/112732128737811

Maple Cookies with Maple Cream Frosting (adapted from a recipe by Emeril Lagasse)

Ingredients
Cookies:
• 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Maple Cream for Frosting
Directions
In a medium bowl, cream the butter, then gradually add the sugar and continue to beat. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, maple extract, and maple syrup, and beat until light and fluffy.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Thoroughly blend into the butter mixture. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Roll the dough out 1/4-inch thick. With a drinking glass, cut out cookies and transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
While cookies are still warm, spread a thin layer of maple cream on the top. The maple cream will harden as it cools.

whiteout
03-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the cookie recipe, I just got on line and was going to search for some maple cookie recipes and this was the first place I looked and there it was, just what I wanted and they sound soooo good. Maple cream for the icing what could be better, can't wait to make them tomorrow, Thanks again.