PDA

View Full Version : Pump shutting off

Kevin
03-20-2005, 04:11 PM
I have a universal 5 hp with an oil reclaimer. Problem I'm having is that the pump is getting to hot and then trips the motor off. After 10 minutes or so I can hit the reset switch and it will run again....until is gets hot. Tried adjusting the drips up to about 20 drips per minute...a lot of smog but still overheating. Any suggestions? Any way that I can change how much HG it is pulling. The releaser is saying 25 HG which from reading this website seems too high for a dairy pump. Vacuum not of much use if I have to stand there to keep resetting it. Thanks

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-20-2005, 04:37 PM
post edited

Kevin
03-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Where can I get a vacuum regulator and how do I install something like this? My trees are in West Hartford, Vt and am looking for somebody who knows about this stuff to maybe take a look. Does anybody know who I can call? All knew to me. Thanks

mapleman3
03-20-2005, 07:20 PM
A vac regulator works wonders, I have a dairy pump set at 19", it's just a small valve that sucks in air if the vacuum gets over it's setting, mine is a 3/4 thread it's mounted in a tee between vacuum pump and releaser. as for the overheating, as Kevin sugested a fan... I use a square 24" household box fan from a tag sale, I run it about 1 foot away from my vacuum head, not the electric motor running it, my pump stay warm to the touch but thats it, I'm sure it would be a whole lot hotter without it.

chipa
03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
they sell 2 sizes of regulators at Bascoms