PDA

View Full Version : agitator into cream machine?

wanting to get into it
03-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Just curious if it has been done? I am sure it has, but anyone have plans on how they made it. I would think it would be fairly simple to do with the motor. My motor is 110v and 30 rpm. It may be a little slower than some, but wouldn't it still work?

tstew
03-23-2010, 07:10 PM
If your refering to a mik tank agitator motor. I just finished building a cream machine from one and it works great. The motors are perfect because they are already gear reduction motors with about the right rpms. The one I used spins at 38 rpms(commercial model 40rpms I beieve) but I think the one you have would work fine. I cut up the agitator into 2 seperate paddles for mixing. I built the frame the same as the grimm model. I than mounted the motor on the bottom and made a collar to attach to the motor shaft. I next welded to U shaped pieces of steel to the collar to bolt and hold the bowl on. I last bolted the paddles to the top cross frame with some clamps from hardware store. Hope this helps.

wanting to get into it
03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I figured someone has done this before. I thought these motors would be perfect for it as well. Do you have any pictures of the one you built? I would like to see it.:)

lpakiz
03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Yes, me too!! I have 3 agitator motors. Really intersted in how to mount the bowl to the shaft.

NH Maplemaker
03-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Would also love to seee pic's as I have a motor like this on the work bench right now! I would think that all one would haft to do is cut the end of the agitator shaft off ( the end were the shaft bolts on the motor) weld that to bottom of the mixing pan and hook it the same as it was hook to motor shaft! Jim L.

upsmapleman
03-24-2010, 06:38 AM
I made one several years ago and make several hundred #'s of cream a year. One draw back is they are 220, need to have acess to this for power. Not sure if it is the same with all but I had mine checked out at a motor shop and he told me that the one I had was not made to run upside down and would burn up. He swapped some wires and it is still going strong. If you PM me I can send some pics. May take a few days as we have maple weekend coming up.

Dale

tstew
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I will also post some pics but might be a few days before I can get to it.

lpakiz
03-24-2010, 08:23 PM
UPS and TSTEW,
Pics would be GREAT!! THANKS!!

tstew
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Tried adding the pictures and they are to large to attach if you guys would like, you can pm me your email address I will send them to you. I promise no spam just the pictures. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.