PDA

View Full Version : Food grade?

Peepers
03-22-2010, 10:48 PM
As I was pondering whether the fabric that my wife found on the clearance rack at Walmart was food grade and wondering if they make food grade stainless steel binder clips to hold the filter in my colander I began to notice ants piling up in the filter. Then I began to wonder - are these food grade ants swimming in my sap?

KenWP
03-23-2010, 05:55 AM
We have a comedian in the crowd. Ant's make good eating and taste like lemon juice sort of. If you find SS binder clips let us know. I also wonder if the trees shouls be marked food grade or not.
Some guys get really carried away with this as your going to find out.

Haynes Forest Products
03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Wood or plastic cloths pins are a MUST around the sap shack

red maples
03-23-2010, 02:05 PM
ants definitly food grade coat them in chocolate sweet & crunchy!!!

3rdgen.maple
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Well I got a little story about ants. I have a neighbor helping out this year. He turned into a pain in the behind pretty quick. Hard worker but sense of humor is different to say the least. He eats like no man I have ever seen and weighs a buck 60 soaking wet. He is always stopping at the sugarhouse looking for snacks. Well after eating everything in sight he was still searching for food. So I went and collected as many ants I could out of the buckets and made an ant sandwich for him. Told him it was a maple producers tradition to eat one. Lets just say I have not seen him in days. LOL

Peepers
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm sure you only gave him the food grade ants! :D

3rdgen.maple
03-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Well if they aren't Im thinking I will have alot of dead birds for the cats to play with.