PDA

View Full Version : Draft inducer vs High pressure blower

nymapleguy607
03-19-2010, 06:51 PM
So here is a question for any one in the HVAC field. Is a draft inducter the same as a high pressure blower? If not would someone please tell me the difference
Thanks
Jeff

KenWP
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Sort of like asking if a fan sucks or it if blows. From one side it sucks and blows from the other.

barkeatr
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
MY understanding is that a draft inducer goes on the chimney, its a spinning wheel turbine that pulls air from the source, and a blower pushes.

Haynes Forest Products
03-19-2010, 10:12 PM
You will find your answer in the name. gets the draft started and then the heat keeps it going.The draft inducer starts then the gas fire starts and the air flow is already started then the heat takes over and all is good. It gets things going in the right direction.

gar
03-20-2010, 09:36 AM
NO! they are not the same. A draft inducer is installed in the vent pipe. It HELPS the natural draft and was intended for poor draft. The high pressure everyone is talking about is fresh air injected into the fire box. AND you may not need high pressure. You need to just get a balance of fresh air and fire. You can have too much air! Also if you force too much air into the fire box you will be pushing all your heat out the vent pipe. I read in a thread here where someone had like 20 min. burns and about 700 stack temp. Sounds to me like he has it about perfect! Remember this. Your pans can only absorbe just so much heat. After that the rest goes up the stack.