PDA

View Full Version : new Idea

maplehound
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Ok while I sit and wait for my probe to show up and my sap to spoil, I am doing alot of thinking. Could there be a way of freezing the trees at night like the orchard growers keep there trees from freezing? I just came home from NAPA and they suggested to me (in jest) that we spray the trees with CO2. When I said that wouldn't work for several acres of trees, i suggested that maybe we could spray them from the air. Also one of the guys suggested that we use a snow machine to cool the woods down. the more I think of it though the more I think we could possibly just set out a bunch of air conditioners and run them from a generator. Scince I already have a generator for my vaccum I would just need the air conditioners?
:) :) :) :)

Like I said too much time on my hands waiting to get the marcland probe so I can boil.

maple flats
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
too costly for the amount of sap you could get.

KenWP
03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
You guys do know that a snow machine dosn't freeze water it just sprays it in a mist so that it makes crystals. I suggested to she who must be obeyed to go walk around in the bush when shes mad at me and freeze the trees but she figured they would never thaw out again.

maplehound
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
OK the snow machine is out but what about the air conditioners?

maplehound
03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
or just plain old refrigeration units?

Haynes Forest Products
03-19-2010, 10:07 PM
You do know they produce heat to make cold:o Im thinking of renting out my first two ex wives she is fridged so she can help. Just give me a zip code Ill pay shipping:)

3rdgen.maple
03-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Haynes I thought you got married 3 times and twice to the same one. So you talking about your bride now or your ex or are they one of the same. Just want to be clear before I send you my zip code for shipping. Right now I will try anything for some sap.

maplehound
03-20-2010, 08:39 AM
3rdgn, I am with you I would try just about anything for some sap and I would think that if the orchard growes can keep their trees from freezing we should be able to get ours to freeze somehow?????? Then again it doesn't always pay to mess with mother nature. :) :)

Haynes Forest Products
03-20-2010, 09:02 AM
3rdGen The first 2 :lol: The 3rd one works hard running the rig and hasnt scorched a pan or overflowed a tank yet Ill keep her. Now that Maple is gone I need someone to cuddle with:o Isnt there some crazy artist out there that will cover all of the east coast with a tarp and call it art? Christo or something

TF Maple
03-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately, the orchard grower trick doesn't work for making things freeze, only to keep things warmer than freezing. They are tapping into a low cost source of heat (40-50F degree water, not very warm but better than 32F or colder) to keep the trees from freezing. Also I think a coating of ice on the fruit limits how cold the fruit can get in a hard freeze.
We need a source of cold that is low cost or free and of course the weather is the cheapest (FREE) when it does what we want.