PDA

View Full Version : Hello from northern IL

Rip Van Winkle
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
I guess not too many do tapping here but I've been making about 2 gallons a season for the past 4 years from about 8 trees. This year is already ended, had about 2 weeks of flow and most of it came in the last week.

I would love to find more trees to tap around here but can't seem to find any decent clusters.

For some reason my syrup always turns very light colored, lighter than grade A in the stores.

Haynes Forest Products
03-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Slip on over to Maple Grove they have a few plus a gas evap. Wasnt it about 70 there today. I talked to my brother in Wheeling and he said it was hot out. Good to see someone from Ill on here.

Rip Van Winkle
03-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Slip on over to Maple Grove they have a few plus a gas evap. Wasnt it about 70 there today. I talked to my brother in Wheeling and he said it was hot out. Good to see someone from Ill on here.

According to mapquest Maple Grove is 270 mile from my house, unless there is another Maple Grove you were talking about.(mapquest found one in southern IL)

Yeah its been mid-60s for a few days now after what seems like weeks of cold damp weather. My tomato plants are already an inch tall.

I was supprised to find out after looking through this site that more people tap in Ky than in IL. I would of thought Ky was too far south.

Haynes Forest Products
03-18-2010, 11:37 PM
I think its just a front for other nefarious activities down south:cool: